• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D.J. Moore visiting

Gabeking

Probably going to get blasted for saying so, but our CBs are young. Look at what Thomas did after being given a few years to matrure. When we went to the super bowl, we were set at S, LB, and DL. Our CBs were below average. The Giants were not known for elite CB talent either.

Thomas was given some time to develop, and he was solid. Dockery looks very decent, and will be better when we get a stud DT or two. Florence was never on a team with a great pass rush. Norman was a 5th round rookie who could be much improved in 2013.

Gettlemen said he was looking beyond 2013. Allowing your young talent to develop is part of that, with cheap veterans as insurance. Maybe he is determined to see what we actually have at CB, to allow it to develop.

It looks as though he is going to address CB in the bargain basement of free agency. Not a bad plan because I think there is something in Dockery, Thomas, and Nornan.--

WHAT BEAR FANS ARE SAYING:

William Baron· Top Commenter (signed in using Hotmail)

DJ from 2011 to 2012 was a HUGE improvement, great team player and very opportunistic, made the most of what fell his way. People often talk of missed opportunities, last season DJ put himself in the best position to create his own luck. A great reactive player, with his work ethic he'll be a great asset to someone.

• Blake Ford · Top Commenter

It sucks to see DJ go however it is the right move... He had great hands and was a good zone cover guy but was destroyed by complex routes and got burned by those speedy slot receivers. I wish him well and any team who picks him up will be getting a "developmental" Ball-hawker.

Who is going to start? Shouldn't we make an effort to have starters at some point?

Florence and Moore, sure, nice nickelbacks, but maybe we should consider that we still need starters at the position.

I would like to add, that we only had good nickelbacks the year we went to the SB. If we can't lock up our pass rush it won't matter who is back there.

Archived