• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn joins the Panthers on a one-year deal

Cam2Ligit2Quit

Using teh jimmay to downplay the guys we have signed is lame as it can be. We added vets to an extemely young secondary. Most realistic folks would call that an upgrade.

Dwan was a FA when we signed him. Does he not count? He instantly upgraded our DLine. What about Jones? He should be both healthy and an upgrade.

You did not say we will suck. You implied it with the Gettlemen is old school, so he is not helping new school Rivera and Cam by not building a better team for them, just so he can start putting his own team together next year.

It is the nature of being a HC, you are pretty much in a do or die situation from the get go. If this team continues to grow, and can actually build off last years successes, Rivera may very well be here for a long time. Teams don't usually jettison a successful HC.

Why would Gettlemen jepordize the future, just so he can build his own team next year?

You trust that Cam can get us where we want to go. But, you distrust everyone else. Gettlemen has not earned any trust, as of now. Rivera still has a chance, but don't trust this one yet either. We just have too many holes to compete, and what few playmakers we have need help.

I get it. Far too many feel the same as you. They have lost that trust. That faith that lets fans go nuts before the season even starts. The we have always screwed up, why believe that will change any time soon mentality.

BECAUSE!!! Football is meant to be enjoyed. If you are unhappy about the state of your team. How can you enjoy it? It should be a law that you have to enjoy football. The Debbie Downers', Negative Nancy's, and the Realists of the world would diminish in size if they actually enjoyed football.

tl;dr version. We are young. We are strong. We are going places. Come on along for the ride. ENJOY IT!

Giddy Efing up. And GOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happens all the time in the NFL....

JR orchestrated the same thing just a couple years ago....tied Fox's hands, didn't allow him the best coaches, sat on our hands and didn't do anything put bring in washed up or rejects to simply field a team.

and JR doesn't view it as jeopardizing the future...he views it as not investing further in something you likely are going to quit. No point digging deeper.

Can you really be a fan of something that you consistently feel negative about and/or don't enjoy?

the question is how much longer can i enjoy a losing team?

my answer: i don't know. i'm not sure why anyone would enjoy a team who can't figure out how to win. another losing season, esp. if we keep rivera, and i'm likely done because it shows a serious lack of commitment to excellence.

i like the struggle, but you want to have it rewarded and we have had very little in the reward department. i'm getting tired of this poo and if they don't turn it around soon i'm not sure i'm going to put up with it much longer.

that may be sad, but what is going to be even sadder are those who want us to have a losing season to get rid of "bad" fans like i am apparently turning into.

24 pages later and Tedd Ginn Jr. is the second coming of Christ

seriously?

i love overreactions.

reasonable fan: "he's going to really help out the return game and could possibly play a role as a deep threat in the offense."

"rational" fan: "WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!! TAP THE BRAKES! LOL what's all this talk of him being a HoFer?"

reasonable fan: "huh? i said he was going to help"

"rational" fan: "LOL you moron! you think he's gonna be an instant probowler and the rest of the league is shaking in their boots!"

reasonable fan: "ummm....ok. yeah, that's exactly what i said" *backs away from raging lunatic beating his chest*

because you just made it page 25

Yay.

seriously?

i love overreactions.

reasonable fan: "he's going to really help out the return game and could possibly play a role as a deep threat in the offense."

"rational" fan: "WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!! TAP THE BRAKES! LOL what's all this talk of him being a HoFer?"

"rational" fan: "LOL you moron! you think he's gonna be an instant probowler and the rest of the league is shaking in their boots!"

reasonable fan: "ummm....ok. yeah, that's exactly what i said" *backs away from raging lunatic beating his chest*

Sounds about right.

seriously?

i love overreactions.

you also can't forget "OH YEAH well if any other team signed him out from under the panthers then teh huddle would trample itself to death in a mad rush to discredit the signing! i brought this up because this has some kind of bearing on ginn's quality as a player apparently!"

meh....more preaching on the correct way to be a fan. not every fan approaches being a fan the same way nor do they need to. get over it.

Wasn't trying to Preach. I just wanted to let my feelings out. I never said my way is the correct way. I said my way is the FUN way. I may not like everything that happens. But at this point in time, we seem to be headed for a bright future. That gets me excited, so I want to share that excitement.

So it is wrong for me to try and get folks to enjoy football. But it is prefectly fine for you to tell me to get over it? Is that one of these new fangled interwebz rules I am not familiar with?

I like being optimistic. I also like being excited about my teams. That doesn't make me a better fan. It just makes me a happy fan. I have no problem with fans carping about the Panthers. My problem stems from when they go all snarky and superior.

Ah the interwebz. How did we ever survive without it.

24 pages later and Tedd Ginn Jr. is the second coming of Christ

Right on man, this forum is so predictably ridiculous. This dude is marginal at best which is reflected by the terms of his contract. Another brilliant free agency move. Why don't they just spend the fuging money and get some real talent at WR and PR?

Archived