• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Worst Panther in history to start at least 8 games?

panther4life

yeah it seems insane now but truth is carr was considered one of the top acquisitions in free agency that year. all through camp and the preseason there was a dedicated faction on this board who thought he would land the starting job in addition to the media working overitme to promote the notion of a qb controversy.

i remember talking to a guy at work who was a hardcore delhomme hater after the first falcons game about it. he was adamant that carr "made less mistakes" than jake when he had only attempted 4 passes in relief after delhomme had passed for 2 TDs and almost 200 yards with no turnovers after 3 quarters.

Jake barely had over 109 yards with those two touchdowns. ...add in about 60 phantom passing yards due to that one drive where Smith just got into DeAngelo Hall's head and kept causing him to commit penalties. He also barely completed almost half his passes by the time he went out of the game. His arm probably was bothering him the entire game up to that point, but Carr barely had to do anything when he left because lol 2007 Falcons offense

Jake barely had over 109 yards with those two touchdowns. ...add in about 60 phantom passing yards due to that one drive where Smith just got into DeAngelo Hall's head and kept causing him to commit penalties. He also barely completed almost half his passes by the time he went out of the game. His arm probably was bothering him the entire game up to that point, but Carr barely had to do anything when he left because lol 2007 Falcons offense

yeah our most dangerous weapon on offense that day was deangelo hall.

and yeah you were right. i had pulled the stats last night and read 109 as 190 for some reason

I really don't understand how people say Jake was the worst. Really? The guy who was known as mr clutch? I am not saying he put up Brady like numbers but he got us to our first ever superbowl and showed his ass.. Dude had the best QB rating in the superbowl and would have definitely won superbowl mvp if we won. Sadly we didn't and I still will not blame Kasay for the lost. If I am not mistaken, even after he kicked the ball out of bounds, the Patriots received an holding penalty or personal foul which brought them back some. Truthfully, it came down to who had the ball last. No one could stop anyone.

Lotta anger towards Willig here, why the hate?!

Willig was pretty damn annoying. Steussie was the most frustrating for me. Every offensive penalty I knew for a fact would be him. Every false start, every holding call during the play, everyone I watched with would yell out "Fuggin Steussie!". Not a shocker at all when he was included on the list of players juicing in that '03 run.

Pickles was just..... awful. All of these Delhomme posts are ridiculous.

I've never been more convinced that a poster is twelve years old than I have gucci mane in this thread

-evident lack of knowledge about the team other than beyond recent history

-grade school level insults

- retarded username

It's like the perfect trifecta of "I hope I don't get caught posting at school"

Archived