• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton Visits Al Sharpton

chknwing

Basically I am living in San Diego now. Bought tickets to the Chargers/Panthers game last season when they first came out. I was able to find out what hotel downtown the team was staying at and found out via twitter when the team landed on Friday night. I packed a bag with my Cam jersey and full size helmet to get it signed if the opportunity presented itself and headed to the hotel to get a room for the night and next day so I could potentially kick it with some of the players and get my gear autographed.

Around nine at night, I pulled my car up front to hand the keys over to the valet. As I was getting my bags and closing my trunk, I turned around to see Cam and Louis Murphy both get of a car with some shopping bags about 5 feet away from me. Before we even got into the hotel in the valet area I asked Cam if I could get a picture and that I had been a Panthers fan all my life. Louis Murphy gave some snide remark like "naw man" and Cam replied something along the lines of "Not right now, sorry".

As we entered the hotel, a bunch of 35-45 year old men swarmed Cam with duffle bags full of gear to sign in the lobby and he told them he wasn't signing tonight and probably put him in a bad mood as he had been traveling all day and probably just wanted to head to his room. I followed Cam and Louis up to the front desk to check in and get my own room for the evening. Cam looked at me and smiled and proceeded to check in. While we were all finishing up checking in, Joe Adams, Frank Alexander, Clausen, and Hardy strolled in and hung out in the lobby for little while. I took out my helmet from my bag for all of them to sign and everyone but Cam and Louis did so and they went straight to the elevator with the rest of their teammates. I got autographs from Joe Adams, Frank Alexander, Sione Fua, Ryan Kalil, DeAngelo Williams, Greg Hardy, Nate Chandler, Amini, Coach Rivera, and Byron Bell over the next 24 or so hours. Next morning I talked with Rivera for 10 minutes or so...really good guy. Was sitting a table over from Mr. Richardson and Danny Morrison but did not want to interrupt them.

All in all a great experience and glad I went to the hotel but it was disappointing to essentially have that great of an opportunity to get Cam's auto and picture and come up empty but oh well. I think the men with the duffle bags of gear ruined it. The rest of the guys could tell I was a true Panther fan because I addressed them all by name and usually talked about their college days.

Good times..For a moment I was gonna go up to those guys and ask if that was you.. How awkward is it to walk up to a random person and say? Are you so and so from the Huddle only to get an awkward stare back.

This thread makes me nauseous. Al Sharpton doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as Cam and Cam should be brought back to Charlotte, vaccinated and quarantined until the ignorance has been purged from him.

Could be worse, he could have visited the Fox News building.

Disappointed in Cam..... Al Sharpton is garbage. Makes me wonder if he even knows Sharpton had a teen age girl wipe sh*t all over herself and claim she was gang raped by a bunch of white kids. I don't care how long ago it was. To this day I am appalled that guy has any credibility let alone a tv show.

If you don't know what I am talking about, just google search Tawana Brawely.

Good times..For a moment I was gonna go up to those guys and ask if that was you.. How awkward is it to walk up to a random person and say? Are you so and so from the Huddle only to get an awkward stare back.

That's why you say: "Are you a Panthers fan? Have you ever heard of the Carolina Huddle website? No? Bye. Yes? Are you who the fug ever?"

Disappointed in Cam..... Al Sharpton is garbage. Makes me wonder if he even knows Sharpton had a teen age girl wipe sh*t all over herself and claim she was gang raped by a bunch of white kids. I don't care how long ago it was. To this day I am appalled that guy has any credibility let alone a tv show.

If you don't know what I am talking about, just google search Tawana Brawely.

No one is in any position to judge anyone else for the acquaintances they may have. I'm sick of that attitude; it's why when my die hard conservative friends want to know why I'm friends with gay people, I tell them to mind their own business, and when my gay friends want to know why I'm friends with die hard conservatives, I tell them to mind their own business too.

Cam can associate with whoever the hell he wants, he's a grown man, and if it ticks anyone off they can mind their own goddamn business.

I swear, sometimes I wonder if these are the United States of Junior F*cking High.

That's why you say: "Are you a Panthers fan? Have you ever heard of the Carolina Huddle website? No? Bye. Yes? Are you who the fug ever?"

Onlypantherfaninmaine told me he was in the same hotel as me and that he was carrying around a helmet. These guys had a helmet.

Archived