• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.

nailed it

You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.

You realize, to a large degree....that includes Cam/Rivera as such.

Newton isn't a Gettlemen guy...

You can't exactly expect anyone in the 4-7 rounds to be an immediate contributor, and Shula is just a 1 year rental. These picks don't affect him in the slightest, imo.

Normally id agree about not finding immediate starters in rds 4-7 but this was a pretty deep class and wouldn't be surprised to see some of these 3rd day guys start

I am not quite sure why people are so upset. We actually have playmakers. Yes we need to draft a WR as a future Smitty replacement but there are definitely no 4-7 picks that will take his place much less beat out Smith, Lafell, Gettis, Hixon, Ginn.

We basically would be drafting a WR to compete against Joe Adams, Armanti and Lamont Bryant. That doesn't sound like a smart idea. Its better to go for depth and special teams help.

Gettis is a sixth rounder who hasn't played in 2 years.

Hixon is a run of the mill 3rd WR

Ginn is a train wreck at WR.

If Gettleman is unable to find a guy better than any of these three, we've made a pretty big hiring mistake.

You realize, to a large degree....that includes Cam/Rivera as such.

Newton isn't a Gettlemen guy...

For sure, Rivera is definitely a lame duck just like Shula. This next season is a throw away year- all our significant moves are designed for 2014 and beyond. Gives Gettleman time to fix the damage done by Hurney but doesn't put a coach who is "his" guy into a hole from a bad 1st year.

Trust me. We're going run heavy and strong defense again!!!!! People forgets that we have talents on offense. We're terrible on defense! Not anymore.

If we're switching back to Foxball, we really don't need a top notch QB.

We have to start letting Cam manage games like a Wilson or Kaep than trying to put the game on his shoulder. Play hard defense, run the ball, and manage the offense.

Newton isn't a game manager. He needs to be in an environment to make plays.

feel bad for Cam.

Said it the moment Gettlemen arrived. He isn't sold on being the GM for a Newton/Rivera offense. Too old school to build with that mindset.....he hinted on that early IMO.

drafting offense for them....big picture doesn't make sense if you aren't sold on that direction

lol are you seriously implying he's going to get rid of cam because he's a mobile quaterback

franchise qbs just grow on trees now, I see.

For sure, Rivera is definitely a lame duck just like Shula. This next season is a throw away year- all our significant moves are designed for 2014 and beyond. Gives Gettleman time to fix the damage done by Hurney but doesn't put a coach who is "his" guy into a hole from a bad 1st year.

AND that includes Cam. Gettlemen is old and believes in old football. I have said it since he arrived. Newton will be gone soon....and that will be unfortunate. He is the type game changer a franchise may never see again....but you have to be all in with him.

Archived