• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

Huddle experts wanted K Allen at 14 when the entire NFL did not want him until the 3rd round.

Huddle experts wanted Jesse William at 14 when the entire NFL did not want him until the 5th round.

And now the Huddle experts are slinging their well informed sour grapes at each pick.

Hey guys, go get a job, buy a team, and draft whoever the heck you want. Al Davis, when he got senile, would draft only with a stopwatch in mind and you see what it got him. Quit whining.

It's funny you keep clinging to this and then defend every move we make as "OMG YOU GUYS DONT KNOW AS MUCH AS THE LEAGUE PEOPLE!!"

Seems a lot of league people disagree with your honestly, incredibly false assessment.

You don't know as much as the league people, genius. And this wide receiver class is terrible. I'm not the one going ALL CAPS over the fact that we didn't reach for Keenan Allen's busted knee in the second.

I got no issue with the talent drafted. I got an issue with Cam entering his 3rd year....and not one young weapon drafted. THAT is actually a very off and rare thing....which everyone glosses over. Yet people will bitch about why Newton isn't becoming the guy they thought he could be....

I agree in the sense that I, too, wanted Cam to get a young WR to have grow with him for the next 10 years, but it didn't happen this draft. Instead, we went the route of building from the inside-out. I have to assume that next year's draft will be the draft that everyone wished this one was. Assuming the picks that Gettlemen made to the lines pan out, then we'll definitely go WR/CB/S. But for now, in Gettlemen we trust.

Speculating Cam might be gone is stupid. He's Gettleman's Eli Manning 2.0. Strong arm for down field throws, kind of streaky accuracy, with the added bonus of being able to run and not look so goofy.

Newton is not Manning 2.0.

Newton should be something completely different and much better if he becomes what he has the ability to be.

I guess since you are a drafting guru which direction should we have gone your enlighten one? Please tell me with the picks that were available so we can document their progress as the season goes and don't take all day trying cram media draft boards to fins your way.

Have already answered that...several times.

We have historically been a terrible team, which is the purpose of what I said...there is no roots for us, other than failure.

It's quite humorous actually that people can pump their chest like our FO knows poo with how pathetic our team is historically.

The most disappointing thing I think is seeing other teams with young QB's make a concentrated efforts to take the next step with his development. It really almost as if Gettleman doesn't see him as the future which is utterly hilarious.

I guess you have sat down and Gettleman and he told you this? Just because we drafted the best DT in the draft at an area of need in the 1st and another good DT in the 2nd and we didn't draft a WR that would most likely be a 3rd WR burried on the depth chart in the 4th round? Are you even thinking about what you are typing before you post it? Didn't Hixon burn our ass last year? Maybe he is a decent slot receiver that didn't get as much playing time because of Cruz? I think we are fine this year. Hurney couldn't draft a DT to save his life thtat was worth a crap. My only real concern at this point is I think we could use a better FS and another good TE (Cam was better with Shockey in 12 personnel sets). I prefer to think our defense is going to win us those games we would have lost this year.

I mean, we're arguing about how we got better.

Arguing over additions. Its not like we got worse people.

Tell me how the 2013 offense surrounding Newton is better than 2012.

Remember, guys like Gross, Smith, Williams, etc aren't constants. They actually are getting slowly worse each year. They will be slightly downgraded versions of what they where if we are lucky.

Historically huh, but as soon as we let a player walk in free agency teams scramble to pick them up. Besides this Daves first draft so you were saying your guruness?

We have historically been a terrible team, which is the purpose of what I said...there is no roots for us, other than failure.

It's quite humorous actually that people can pump their chest like our FO knows poo with how pathetic our team is historically.

in fact we all need to sign a petition for you to be the gm for the team so you can screw things up so we can publicly stone you on camera in front of the stadium.

Historically huh, but as soon as we let a player walk in free agency teams scramble to pick them up. Besides this Daves first draft so you were saying your guruness?

Letting our players walk in FA and not getting anything for them is a huge reason why we are who we are.

Saints got a 4th for Chris fugin Ivory....lol

Archived