• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

All I hope is this article is posted in the locker room and in the weight room at the stadium. If this can't light a flame under this team heading into the season I don't know what will.

If I was Ron Rivera I would bark out quotes from this article all training camp long and in the days leading up to our season opener.

There is no way we come out flat week 1 after this.

• Pie 1

Personally, I'm a big fan of the billboard material and low expectations provided by the NFL "insiders" and beat writers. 

low/no expectations = usually the panthers have fared fairly well when this is the consensus headed into the season. 

These same moron beat writers will be the same ones singing the praises and patting themselves on the back when the Panthers win 10 games. They are professional trolls. 

We still have time to tinker with a few things before the season starts and I hope they plan on bringing in some OL help. 

I'm not trying to say this to ruffle anyone's feathers, but I think the Panthers RIGHT NOW have the worst secondary in the NFL. If the pass rush and front 7 get off to a slow start like they did last season, it might be too late for a playoff run. 

e: To be fair - he does have a few points. He seems like a big time Cam hater, but what he said about the rest of the NFCS improving themselves is a fair point and fair criticism with the Panthers. I understand the cap mess Marty left us with, but the point still stands. Steven Jackson to the Falcons. Revis to the Bucs. Sean Payton is headed back to New Orleans. What do we have? Drayton Florence?