• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

newton wants to lose weight

Please tell me you are kidding on that second one.

Not at all. He discussed it in a few articles last year. He said he got up to 263 because of Snickers bars in team meetings.

I'm sure Cam is very, very conscious of his weight, because he has a sugar craving to match it.

I'm fine with him being close to 245 but anything lower and I might get a little paranoid. As Zod said, some padding doesn't hurt when DEs and LBs are bearing down on you. It also makes Cam appear intimidating to defenders (mostly DBs and LBs) to seeing such a big QB that can move like Barry Sanders and chose to run over them over at the same time. At 257, it was an undertaking to tackle Newton in the open field alone.

Come on man, let's keep it realistic here!

Hey if defenders respect his size and power, and talk about how arduous it is to tackle Cam, then there's merit to it. As for the Barry Sanders comparison made by a few outlets, I don't find it hyperbolic. Newton's elusiveness is eyepopping at times.

I agree his size power can be intimidating, but he's no Barry Sanders!

He's not Barry Sanders or Bo Jackson, but that didn't stop guys like D. Sanders, Dilfer, LeBron, and journalists making similar comparisons. I personally think Cam's scrambling ability is Barry-esque but some of that can be attributed to his powerful, long legs.

I do agree, he has made some defenders look like their equilibrium was fuged up! Especially in that Washington game!

I trust that Cam and his advisors (assume he has someone watching his diet and exercise) knows his body well. If they think he should lose weight, or gain weight, I trust their judgement,

There is a reason Cam said what he said.

He's not Barry Sanders or Bo Jackson, but that didn't stop guys like D. Sanders, Dilfer, LeBron, and journalists making similar comparisons. I personally think Cam's scrambling ability is Barry-esque but some of that can be attributed to his powerful, long legs.

Newton's elusiveness is crazy, but it is still not even close or comparable to Sanders.  And that isn't a diss on Cam.  But nobody comes close to Sanders and his jukes.

Archived