• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Prospect Brandon Williams

TheRumGone

You are forgetting what the number one measurable is; Actually playing. Listen, i want this guy to succeed and be that other TE position because of all the things you just mentioned. But there has been many, many players before B Williams who have those measurables but don't produce on the field. We just don't know at this point. So for you to say he should be a lock is putting the cart before the horse.  I'm rooting for the guy but don't get ahead of yourself.

The dude played football and dominated. Granted it was against lower competition and its been a few years but he has been working out and is in beast mode physically.I dont think he forgot how to catch, run, and block. 

I am a firm believer in measurables, skills, and producing on the field. If a guy has all those, than its just a matter of getting PT, good coaching, and being put in a spot to succeed. 

Either way, I want this guy on the fuggin roster

Squabbling over unheralded longshots with an injury history...?

"I hope he makes the squad," is really all that's necessary at this point.

As for all the other TEs, WRs, FBs, and safeties: "May the best man win."

It'll all come out in the wash, gentlemen. 

Yeah.. In my opinion why are they on the roster if they are average at what they do best? 

And a quick question for you.. (I know it won't happen but) Why waste a roster space with having both Brockel and Hartsock on the team? I'd have to keep Brockel since he's more versatile (can play FB and TE) 

I agree with putting Rosario on the PS again and if he doesn't put up he needs to pack up 

Williams is complete player and you kill 2 birds with one stone.......he is a excellent blocker and he has better ball skills than Brokel and Hartsock............That is if his talent can be translated on the field.......even though he has been out for 2 years i think he makes it on the team...

Ginn went to the Super Bowl on a team as Returner and could have probably stayed. He came to Carolina to compete as a wide receiver not as a returner. While he may serve in that role because we have yet to find a steady return man. He plans or being a WR. Remember he had pretty decent WR numbers at Miami. He wants to play WR. Carolina is giving him that opportunity.

The only thing Gettis has is "Veteran Status" which in Rivera's world isn't much. Gettis will compete but I believe he will prevail just because he knows the system better and has something to prove.

Agree with you on that one.

It's always fun to play GM, but personally; I'd stick Brockel as the back-up fullback unless Zordich or Breitenstein really, really, impress and then roll with Olsen, Williams Hartsock.

My best case scenario would be...

FB: Mike Tolbert, Richie Brockel (back-up)

TE: Greg Olsen, Brandon Williams, Ben Hartsock (blocking)

Practice Squad

TE: Nelson Rosario

FB: Zordich/Breteinstein

Just my two cents...

I'd have no problem switching out brockel for breteinstein (great blocker, very good runner, very good receiver...modern day hoover)

i think williams would make hartsock irrelevant for the most part. 

Archived