• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract

SCP

Everyone on here is saying gettle magic, I really think it is a more of a great move by D Will  and shows that he really wants to be a Panther. Any moron could see something had to be done with his contract, but it would not be possible if D Will did not want to be here. I'm glad gettleman finished this, but any person would have done the same thing. Kind of GM 1.1 lite stuff.

I wish Gettleman would drive over to Raleigh and slap Rutherford in his stupid fuging face.    fug you Rutherford, take some god damn notes on how to GM. 

Oh right, back on topic.   Saving 3.2 this year and 8 over the next 2..   winning!      

Interesting this occurred only a day after it has been hinted we are interested in Woodson.... 

Everyone on here is saying gettle magic, I really think it is a more of a great move by D Will and shows that he really wants to be a Panther. Any moron could see something had to be done with his contract, but it would not be possible if D Will did not want to be here. I'm glad gettleman finished this, but any person would have done the same thing. Kind of GM 1.1 lite stuff.

Problem is GM 1.1 lite abilities have been lacking...we have been on free AOL cd-Rom GM style till Gettles.

He is now perfect trade bait!

Win for everyone as he would have been cut and wouldn't have made nearly as much on the open market. He is now a viable trade option for teams looking for a RB....NE send us your 3rd....if he stays he is somewhat more affordable than he was before.

.. also I'm wondering if the Barner pick was a strategy to convince DWill to restructure?

It def gave Gettle leverage and prob made DWill and his agent paranoid as hell

yeah, agreed. i think the barner pick up may have been the thing to seal the deal. 

yeah, agreed. i think the barner pick up may have been the thing to seal the deal.

Yeah i know this is kind of far fetched but after that beason interview where he said Deangelo is the worst tipper and would be happy to be called that it would make sense that it would take some drastic like drafting barner to make dwill restructure

Hell, if all our 5th and 6th round picks do is give us the leverage to shave millions off our cap for the next few years they were picks well spent.  That's more productive than 98% of 5th and 6th round picks turn out to be.

good point and good strategy if that is what we were doing.

barner and klein make williams and beason expendable. that's not to say they are as good or better, but both are and will be solid players who would be able to get the job done....and save us money to improve other areas.

i expect beason's contract to be re-done soon. 

.. also I'm wondering if the Barner pick was a strategy to convince DWill to restructure?

It def gave Gettle leverage and prob made DWill and his agent paranoid as hell

I think you are on to something. This restructure might not have happened if it wasn't for that draft pick for Barner. It let DeAngelo and his agent know everyone is replaceable and DeAngelo's agent knows he would not have gotten this kind of money on the open market. It also lets us know the pressure was on DeAngelo and his agent for a while. Gettleman added to that pressure when he made that noncommittal comment to the media concerning DeAngelo.

That my huddle friends was Gettleman being gangsta !!

Archived