• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Heart breaker?

Strawman

Which player this season, is going to break hearts on the huddle?

Will it be Star? I think we've been a bit spoiled because of the way Cam and Luke have played as rookies. Not saying Star can't make it three in a row, but a DT usually takes 2-3 years before they come into their own. Heart break chance=50% I think he will play well, but some are already making Hawaii reservations for him.

David Gettis? The ultimate tease, kinda like that girl at the bar who flirts for free drinks and attention, but sends you home alone at the end of the night. His rookie season has been discussed at length here so I'll not rehash it. Could he have a fantastic camp and take that step we all hope. Meh. Heart break chance=80%. Somehow I have a feeling he plays great in camp, but is injured in preseason. I hope not, but that's just how it feels to me, the perpetual tease.

John Beason? Most here feel that Beason will come back to be the terror he was before the injuries, giving us 3 potential pro bowl linebackers. My concern is he may not have his speed back, and let's not forget a position change is not something he is thrilled about. Heart break chance=30% I think he comes back, and plays solid, but will not be the player he was before.

Cam? Is this the year where it all clicks and he becomes elite as we all hope. With the improvements on the defense, I think the offense and Cam will benefit. Plus going back to play action off a potent run game will only be a positive for him. Heart break chance=10%. Peter King can go eat a bag of dicks, baring a freak injury, I think this is his year to shine.

The young gun secondary? This season keep your game program handy, because there aren't any household names in this group. Will someone step up at corner, and SS? Heart break chance=25% just a gut feeling, but I think these guys will be good, no facts here just a gut feeling.

Jimmy Clausen? Will we still have to see his goofy ass on the sideline again this year? Every time I see him, he reminds me of the baby on the E-trade commercials. Heart break chance=100% please Ron cut this guy.

Who's your choice, anybody I left out?

Out of the list you presented the top two candidates would be Beason or Cam

Beason may be rusty because of his injuries and doesn't transition as quickly to SLB as we hope.

The other is Cam. Only because he will battle unrealistic expectations again and some people won't be satisfied until he is a top 5 QB so we will experience more unnecessary hand wringing and second guessing about him.

Out of the list you presented the top two candidates would be Beason or Cam

Beason may be rusty because of his injuries and doesn't transition as quickly to SLB as we hope.

The other is Cam. Only because he will battle unrealistic expectations again and some people won't be satisfied until he is a top 5 QB so we will experience more unnecessary hand wringing and second guessing about him.

It hurts me to read this post, my life revolves around football, don't know what I'd do if Cam disappointed.

I'm not going to actually say anything that could jinx anyone...

But does anyone else hold their breath every time Thomas Davis makes a tackle?

Thomas Davis and RG3 have the same kind of knee..

too bad only one of them will make a comeback.

Amino Silatolu: does he benefit from a second offseason and bring stability to the left side anchoring the newly rediscovered run game or does he regress and appear as lost as he did much of last year keeping Cam on the run out of the pocket and sabotaging our rushing attack?

Heartbreak risk: 40%

I think the front office has built up the DT position so that Star can ease his way in. If people are expecting him to have a huge immediate impact on a multitude of snaps, they will be heartbroken, but I don't think he will underperform on what those in the know expect.

Archived