• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First trailer for Martin Scorsese's 'The Wolf of Wall Street'

Dpantherman

I disliked DiCaprio for a long time.  Then I saw The Departed and Blood Diamond several weeks apart.  He has been on my good side ever since.

What's Eating Gilbert Grape, The Departed, Catch Me If You Can, Blood Diamond, The Aviator, Inception, Django, Shutter Island, Gangs of New York, even Titanic. 

I have never seen a DiCaprio movie that I didn't like. Five of his movies are in my top 15 or so all-time favorites (Inception, Departed, CMIYC, Django, Shutter). 

He's not my favorite actor, but he's in the top 3. Must be a brilliant script reader, because he has never chosen to be in a legitimately bad movie. Even that one called The Beach or whatever that everyone hated on was really underrated.

How is that even possible...?

Which part....

The movie looking like an updated, over the top version of "Wall Street" or the fact I can't stand DiCaprio?

If it's the latter, I clearly stated that I met him in LA shortly after Titanic was released and that I don't like him as a person because he's kind of an arrogant jerk. Has nothing to do with his movie roles.

I bought the book for cheap when Borders was going out of business.  I've tried to get into it, but the douchiness of the author has been too hard to overcome so I haven't gotten past the first 30 pages or so.

I am looking forward to this movie though.  It is freaking Scorsese afterall.

read "The Big Short" instead. totally fantastic read on the pitfalls and dregs of the market and what went down.

but even better by the same author Michael Lewis, read "Liars Poker". Written in 89 or 90 and is SPOT on why things unravelled in the stock market 20 something years later.

As a movie, The Beach did not do the book justice (at all) but I thought Leo was the one decent part of the movie.  

My deal with him is that he sometimes seems very misplaced in the roles he's in.  

Departed is his best imo with Django and Blood Diamond right there.  

Given this is Scorsese, this could be good but the tone looks vastly different than what we're used to from him.  

• 6 months later...

Archived