• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"They're all thugs"

Awesomeness!!

27 NFL players have been arrested since the Super Bowl. Yes, that number is outrageous, and not only does the NFL need to do something (banning people) but the players need to take responsibility. Its not THAT hard to not get arrested during the offseason. If I was commissioner, I would make it clear that anyone caught with an illegal firearm, or drugs is done with the NFL. If these guys worked at Walmart they would be in the unemployment line. Again, it isn't hard to follow these simple rules that normal citizens do. This is ridiculous. 

However with that being said, I am sick and tired of "fans" and people labeling the players of the NFL (and NBA..hmm wonder why) as "thugs". 27 players have been arrested this offseason. Right now every team has 90 men on the roster, but cut it to the regular 53 man roster, and 53 times 32 equals 1696. 27 of 1696 is 1.5%, approximately. People continue to label entire groups of people, or organizations as something, when its almost never the case. Like I said, 27 millionaires getting arrested is ridiculous, but we have to stop condemning the entire league for the actions of a few. This applies to every aspect of life.

And with that being said, Aaron Hernandez needs to be a prime example of what not to do when you "make it". When I went to college I stopped talking to my thug friends from High School. It wasn't hard. The truth is I would rather be a cornball brother, instead of washing draws in a state prison. I don't understand how everybody doesn't come to that same conclusion, but..whatever. RIP Odin Lloyd.

It's also not fair to categorize all NFL players as millionaires - especially when every team is carrying 90 right now.  The VAST majority of those 1696 young men are NOT millionaires.  Many will never make a final roster.  The majority will only play a few years.  The minority will have long-term careers and become millionaires.

It's also not fair to categorize all NFL players as millionaires - especially when every team is carrying 90 right now.  The VAST majority of those 1696 young men are NOT millionaires.  Many will never make a final roster.  The majority will only play a few years.  The minority will have long-term careers and become millionaires.

Very true I'm sorry. I think RWilson is only making 500k a year. But still, being in the NFL and making more money than the average person should be enough to keep these guys from shooting people in the back, chest and head.

The NBA was fuging HUGE in the 1980's.

Then, as the mid-1990's approached, the NBA became all about the thug lifestyle with sooooo many of the players and the NBA subsequently lost *huge* money on TV contracts and advertising.

Watch the same thing happen to the NFL if they remain on this road.

The NBA was fuging HUGE in the 1980's.

Then, as the mid-1990's approached, the NBA became all about the thug lifestyle with sooooo many of the players and the NBA subsequently lost *huge* money on TV contracts and advertising.

Watch the same thing happen to the NFL if they remain on this road.

Iverson ruined the NBA for a time I agree, but the players wear helmets and the NBA is a star driven league. The NFL is not. But yes, something needs to be done.

And with that being said, Aaron Hernandez needs to be a prime example of what not to do when you "make it". When I went to college I stopped talking to my thug friends from High School. It wasn't hard. The truth is I would rather be a cornball brother, instead of washing draws in a state prison. I don't understand how everybody doesn't come to that same conclusion, but..whatever. RIP Odin Lloyd.

I dunno this is something different. It takes a different kind of person to kill somebody. And not only kill somebody but drive that person out to secluded place and execute them.  This isn't an nfl player making it and smoking weed, pacman jones slapping a lady because she threw a beer at him, or sexual harrassment.

Saying Aaron Hernadez needs to be a prime example of what not do when you "make it" just seems ridiculous to me because I would claim with 99.9% of players in the NFL today, this kind of behavior wouldn't even cross their minds.

Hernandez is something else.

Yeah, straight up cold blooded killing someone execution style definitely takes a different kind of cat.  Killing someone in the heat of the moment can sometimes be understandable.  Not necessarily forgiveable, but somewhat understandable.  This ain't that.

I think somebody watched Scarface a few too many times and thought he was a gangsta. 

I dunno this is something different. It takes a different kind of person to kill somebody. And not only kill somebody but drive that person out to secluded place and execute them.  This isn't an nfl player making it and smoking weed, pacman jones slapping a lady because she threw a beer at her, or sexual harrassment.

Saying Aaron Hernadez needs to be a prime example of what not do when you "make it" just seams ridiculous to me because I would claim 99.9% of players in the NFL today this kind of behavior wouldn't even cross their minds.

Hernandez is something else.

He was still hanging with gang members. He was steal totting guns, smoking weed, and the whole nine yards. He had a 8 month old baby, finance, house and 40 million dollars. If he was doing none of that, he would be at home nailing his girl. I do agree with you though that he is a different type of guy. To take somebody out, and execute them is sickening. Its likely he would end up in prison, NFL star or not.

Archived