• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

GM confident in Cam Newton aka Joe Person is a moron

rayzor

so this is just Yastanissies take .............. in other words another opinion of the same occurence?

it's context and more of the conversation included....the bigger picture, you know. the one that has a chance at accuracy.

and to think people complained when Gantt was our beat writer

gantt was/is a prick, but he knew his stuff, actually had connections, and didn't spin stuff trying to get a headline or quoted.

gantt>>>>>>person. observor made a huge mistake replacing hin for that clown.

This is exactly what I posted in the other thread on the original nfl.com article, minus the details And Person being a shovenous pig part. It was obvious that the comments were taken out of context and it's sad our own beat writer is trying to stir up controversy regarding OUR quarterback. If he wants something sensational to write about that people will put up with, go to the Jets but once you leave the Carolinas, stay the fug out.

Person would be perfect covering the Redskins.  Their fans couldn't care less about substance or accuracy, just gimme gimme gimme information, true false or otherwise.

I think it is safe to say that most of us want some professional journalism displayed concerning the articles we are presented.  Person has been weighed in the balances and found wanting...

Wonder how he would have wrote this up...

http://youtu.be/75JuUck-h3M

Person is lazy as a writer, god-awful to listen to, and the least connected beat writer (in regards to the Panthers and the NFL) there may be who actually gets paid to cover the NFL.

Telling that he doesn't have an "in" with anyone on the team and not much of one even into the organization. Jonathan Jones has been here less than a year and is already better connected.

Only thing that he seems even remotely interested in or connected to is the Gamecocks. Wonder why he left that beat unless it wasn't his choice and how he got hired here eludes logic.

Not going to judge personally because I don't know him but professionally he is terrible and it's embarrassing to the fans, the Observer, and the Panthers organization.

Person is lazy as a writer, god-awful to listen to, and the least connected beat writer (in regards to the Panthers and the NFL) there may be who actually gets paid to cover the NFL.

Telling that he doesn't have an "in" with anyone on the team and not much of one even into the organization. Jonathan Jones has been here less than a year and is already better connected.

Only thing that he seems even remotely interested in or connected to is the Gamecocks. Wonder why he left that beat unless it wasn't his choice and how he got hired here eludes logic.

Not going to judge personally because I don't know him but professionally he is terrible and it's embarrassing to the fans, the Observer, and the Panthers organization.

AGREED on this one for sure.  JJ is plugged in and seems off of crack.  Not sure if Person is either of these.  Amazing job Jones is doing with so little background.

That kid, I like.

AGREED on this one for sure.  JJ is plugged in and seems off of crack.  Not sure if Person is either of these.  Amazing job Jones is doing with so little background.

That kid, I like.

JJ is defintely a more reliable source of info.  the way he squashed that cam/dorsey argument rumor thing last night nightwas great. person, on the other hand, would have spun it the way that dolphins fan did...i mean he would have if he were actually paying attention. that's the rep he's earned.

I'm not kidding when I say this.

I could do a much better job than person. And I've only been in college for 2 years, one of which was wasted in the journalism program.

What a pathetic asswipe of a beat writer. He's not worth the 24k salary he makes.

Me and a guy I used to work with nicknamed Person "Kermit" after listening to him on radio a couple of years back because of the way he sounds when he talks.

With the passing of time, the nickname only seems to fit more in every aspect of his personality and professional aptitude.

I'm not kidding when I say this.

I could do a much better job than person. And I've only been in college for 2 years, one of which was wasted in the journalism program.

What a pathetic asswipe of a beat writer. He's not worth the 24k salary he makes.

Awesome usage of asswipe. It needs to be brought back into the lexicon more.

The thing that bugs me about this whole thing is that Person asked the questions to begin with.  According to his tweet he asked Gettlemen if he felt like Cam was the quarterback of the future.

To me, and some disagree, this was an absolutely idiotic and ridiculous question.  1) How is Gettlemen seriously supposed to answer that?  2) does anyone really question that a QB that was the first pick in the draft, had arguably the best first two seasons in NFL history at his position and is the face of the franchise, is the future?  3) It's training camp...TRAINING CAMP...not really the best stage for asking questions about the future.  Why not ask about the offensive line, injuries, rookies, players on the rise, the freaking weather, anything but questions about the future in training camp.

Persons just dropped the ball on this or was intentionally trying to stir the pot and get some attention.  He should be working for the fans, his job is to report to US about OUR team.  We all know Cam is the future.  Person has his own agenda and it has nothing to do with reporting the news of the Carolina Panthers to the fans.

The thing about Gnatt was that he was honest and full of himself.  That rubbed people the wrong way, and honestly I get reminded of that on nearly every tweet he sends out, but I'd take that over Person any day of the week.

I actually don't think we need a beat writer. All they do is piss us off. We don't have to have the latest news as soon as it happens. If it happens, it's gonna get reported eventually. If we want opinion pieces, any of the well informed posters here can do that. And they don't even have to be at camp or any of the practices. Just come here, then type what you think into an article. It's no different than making a post here.

Archived