• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenjon Barner Rising

Zod

Not really sure he warrants the name barnburner based on his 40 time at the combine.

I will take amazing quickness over an amazing 40 time for a running back any day of the week. Armond Smith is faster than Kenjon, but not quicker. Smith is not rising in the ranks.

• Pie 4

I hope Zod's predictions have gotten better than when he said Fua and McClain were going to break out.

/sarc

I do think Barner can produce. Agree, he does run lower now in the TC vids than in the Oregon youtube vids. Not sure if the Dunn comparison is valid. Will admit that I didn't watch that much Dunn when he was at Tampa.

On the first day of training camp, Barner saw time mainly with the 3rd and 4th string units. More recently he has been running with the second string unit led by Derrick Anderson. It appears Barner's stock is rising.

Derek.

No offense.

I look at it this way.

Kenjon Barner allows Stewart to get healthy and not rush a comeback.

There have been times when Stewart has rushed back from injuries, but now with Barner he can take his sweet time coming back. If he thinks he can play week two then that's fine or if he has to wait until week 15 then that's fine as well.

Haven't heard but has he been back working with the KR as well?  I know Williams returned some kicks as a rookie.  With his abilities and him being the 3rd RB at most, figured he would be in the picture for the KR spot back with Ginn

I have no doubt Barner will be a star in this league but he may not receive much opportunity.  He has a couple of high salaries in front of him and I seriously doubt carolina will place those salaries on the bench in favor of Barner. I expect to see him on KOR and possibly screens, unless there is an injury, I dont see him running out of the backfield much this year.