• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was really impressed with LaFell last night

OneBadCat

LaFell looked pretty good last night at #2.. But did anyone catch that interview on the sidelines?

I've never heard LaFell or any other receiver for that matter speak so respectfully of this team. You can tell his heart is in it. And the amount of respect he and the other guys have for Steve Smith. Even having the balls to call him a future HOF tells you how much they love him. Even Norman mentioned how playing with Steve had made him better.

I'm really liking the vibe of this team and I feel like there is a new found confidence and self respect they will be playing with this season.

No I missed it because I was at the game hopefully they will show it again when they replay the game on NFL network. And like yourself I like how this team is going about things you can definitely tell they want it more this year and are looking to prove something.

LaFell has always showed spurts of being exceptional. With him the question has always been about consistency.  I don't know whether it has been him, QB decisions, the personnel around him, or a combination of these things that has held him from reaching that higher plane---the place that brings out consistent fear and respect in the opposition---but hopefully all this talk about trust from Cam, as well as the positive reports out of camp, means this is truly the year that LaFell breaks through.

All i was was the easy touchdown when matched up with a linebacker. Not ready to anoint him yet.

not the point. lafell has progressed steadily since he was drafted to earn a full-time starting position on this team. he's shown the dedication to becoming a better route-runner, ball-handler, and separation-getter. he's also trusted as an excellent blocker.

all of these things take heart, desire, and guts. his progression from a raw and flawed mid-round pick makes him the charles johnson of the offense.

To be more clear I was more impressed with his interview and the way he spoke about the team than his stat sheet. I just thought it was a nice glimpse of the attitude this squad has. No sht 1 rec for a 3 yd TD isn't anything to jump about.

I looked on Panthers.com and it's not there, could be on youtube if the game is posted. Luckily I recorded the game on Dish.

Archived