• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank You Hurney

chknwing

Say what you want about the guy, but the guy has had some solid drafts. Almost the entire 2012 draft by Hurney played well. And as much poo as hes been given about armanti, it seems that qb to wr project has finally paid off. I give the man mad props. He may not know how to structure contracts but he did set carolina up with some decent players for years to come

Say what you want about the guy, but the guy has had some solid drafts. Almost the entire 2012 draft by Hurney played well. And as much poo as hes been given about armanti, it seems that qb to wr project has finally paid off. I give the man mad props. He may not know how to structure contracts but he did set carolina up with some decent players for years to come

Good at making draft picks or not. Those huge contracts would have screwed us over for many years to come! Thank God Gettleman Knows how to do business!

He was good at drafting in the first round. In the other rounds? "Meh" at best.

Armanti may or may not be a good WR in the end of it all. But all the cap problems and lousy contracts far outweighed his draft "prowess".

He seems like a good guy to have a beer with, though.

2011 draft not looking so good (minus Cam, of course)

The problem with the Armanti pick was that we drafted him too high. We probably could have acquired him after the draft.  Now I hate to think about who we passed up to get him (perhaps someone else would like to entertain us with that), but suffice it to say that that deal will always epitomize anti-value (if you will).  

The problem with the Armanti pick was that we drafted him too high. We probably could have acquired him after the draft.  Now I hate to think about who we passed up to get him (perhaps someone else would like to entertain us with that), but suffice it to say that that deal will always epitomize anti-value (if you will).  

From Armanti's pick to our next pick in the 4th round of that draft (Norwood), we missed a solid quadruplate of TEs (Jimmy Graham, Moeaki, Dennis Pitta, Aaron Hernandez), Navorro Bowman, and Geno Atkins. 

So...yeah.

From Armanti's pick to our next pick in the 4th round of that draft (Norwood), we missed a solid quadruplate of TEs (Jimmy Graham, Moeaki, Dennis Pitta, Aaron Hernandez), Navorro Bowman, and Geno Atkins. 

So...yeah.

I didn't really want you to take me up on it...(LOL).  

Talkin' about a total breakdown.  This thread should now be fail-.gif approved, but I guess it would be politically incorrect being that Armanti seems to have finally stepped up his game.

Archived