• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So I got punched in the face today

Captroop

I completely understand just standing there. It would take me a while to process that I was just punched at a flag football game.

I commend you on the restraint. I would've hoped to have done the same thing. I always opted out of altercations when it involved me. Now if this guy punched one of my friends it would've been much different

I would have contacted the police. I believe in zero tolerance for violence. That type of behavior in society will lead us into becoming the Congo. Report all crime.

When you don't report crime, criminals will become brazen and re-offend and crime stats will become skewed and politicians will use them to cut the police force,.

I should point out that I'm 6'3" and him being approximately 5 inches shorter means he is in the 5'10"-5'11" range. Not exactly pint-sized. I just happen to be tall.

But he and his buddy are cut from the same cloth. Another guy he shows up with I remember got in a fight last summer. He is a small dude. Maybe 5'6", Italian, late 30's maybe, but still a fuggin athlete if I've ever seen one. Thought someone roughed him up on a play, and came up throwing some real punches. The first caught the guy on the chin and the rest the guy ducked. I remember at the time thinking how stupid it was. That guy who got punched didn't fight back either, but 2 guys did hold him back just in case.

Glad to hear that a lot of y'all are on the side of restraint and it's not just me.

One last thing, I didn't bring it up before because when the punch happened it was the last thing on my mind, so it's not like it factored into my decision not to fight back. This guy had his kid there, like a toddler in a stroller. I would have hated to pommel this dude in front of his son.

Most of these weekend warrior dudes are just letting out some pent up aggression caused by the realization that they are inconsequential in the other aspects of their life.  They probably didn't see themselves in their 30s managing a Kinko's and marrying the woman they woke up with the day after St. Patrick's Day. 

If he busted both of my lips, I would've been pissed. A busted lip is one of the most annoying things ever.

However, because I weigh a mere 140 or so, I can't say I would've fought anyone over it. I used to box, but even then I fought dudes that were around my size and in a controlled environment.

So yeah, you probably did the right thing. You should verbally make fun of him about it though.

I will usually take the high road and avoid a confrontation that is a war of words.....trying not to escalate it to physical violence.

However, if somone sucker punched me.....I would either beat the living hell out of them, or I would get my ass kicked trying.

Archived