• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL power rankings (yeah i know its way early)

Spaceballs83

This ain't my first rodeo. I know that's not the general message. However it seems like the more I see these totally ridiculous rankings the more its an inditement of our beloved franchise. There is zero journalistic merit to this so called write up its like they aren't even trying.

Yea media is garbage. I stay away from it. They aren't going to know the ins and outs of small market teams so we will have to give them a reason to respect us. We can't do that with a sub .500 record year in and year out.

Yea media is garbage. I stay away from it. They aren't going to know the ins and outs of small market teams so we will have to give them a reason to respect us. We can't do that with a sub .500 record year in and year out.

I get that we are a small market. But let's look at facts here, there are only 32 teams in this league. I read up on other tems for fun. These guys get paid. How hard is their job really? Watch football read about football think about football write about football. Rinse and repeat.

I get that we are a small market. But let's look at facts here, there are only 32 teams in this league. I read up on other tems for fun. These guys get paid. How hard is their job really? Watch football read about football think about football write about football. Rinse and repeat.

Because no one is holding them accountable while they just yell over one another.

LaFell's numbers are very comparable to highly touted #2's across the league. If this is a huge problem then Desean Jackson is the Eagles biggest weakness, Seattle is screwed and The Patriots will be lucky to win 2 games this year. 

I don't agree with the rankings and think we are closer to the top half of the league, but the average non-Panther NFL fan has to think we have one of the worst WR corps in the league and it would be difficult for any of us to refute.  Our optimism for the WR's is based off of conjecture and hype and not what they have done on the field... which is where everyone else in the media formulates their opinion.  Just because we know that Gettis is looking healthy, Armanti may finally be the guy we drafted to play WR, Ginn is a speed guy that can blow the top off a defense, and Hixon is a proven vet that could be a serviceable starter... we still are absent of any WR other than Smitty that has proven he can start for any team in the league (not counting Olsen).  

I just hope this is the year other teams start having to game-planning for more WR's than just Smitty, because that is when our offense will take it to the next level.

[Young sports journalist]

Hmmm... So you're saying I could spend 50-60 hours a week researching, writing, fact checking, & otherwise doing my job, thus building my reputation & gaining the respect of tens of thousands of knowledgeable football fans... Or I could let others do that, spend 7-8 hours a week reading their work & finding a blurb I could twisy to mean whatever I wanted, come up with a few snarky, obnoxious quips, & gain the readership of the millions of bandwagon jumping knuckle draggers who post my crap everywhere, leading to the casual fan & even the knowledgeable fan clicking on my site, thus gaining a nationally syndicated column or radio/TV show?[Young sports journalist]

Archived