• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watched the game again...

Strawman

First I'd like to mention the NFL preseason rewind feature condensed version is great.

1. Bell stood out to me as being far and away our worst lineman. It may be that he had a bad match up, but damn.

2. On many of the Eagles big runs Hardy gave up the edge like he was in pass rush mode all the time. I hope he plays more disciplined during the season.

3. As has been discussed Fua is bad, extremely bad. He was either stoned at the line, or pushed back every time. Even when singled up he gets zero push.

4. The Eagles were sending 5 and 6 men rushing a majority of the time. I think in a regular season game well designed screens, or quick slants would eat them up. I say we'll designed because our screen game is usually hit, or miss.

5. McCoy makes beautiful cuts. Fantasy football stud this year.

6. Saw a lot of pressure early from the Dline, but just no sacks came of it. As stated before I think a lot of that was the fact that Fua gave up the middle every time.

7. Gettis played well, good cuts, and showed awareness especially on the pass break up of what should have been an interception.

8. Gano and Nortman played well, so there's that.

9. Lots of zone play from Panthers, vanilla defense little blitzing.

10. Bell sucks, Fua sucks, that cannot be said enough.

can't remember, pretty sure it was first string but they had a couple blitzes from the left side of the line that went uncontested. could you tell who's assignment that should have been?

First quarter? Second? Off hand I do remember that on the big hit that Cam took it was on a nicely timed delayed blitz by a LB who came in after Williams had went right into the flat.

First quarter? Second? Off hand I do remember that on the big hit that Cam took it was on a nicely timed delayed blitz by a LB who came in after Williams had went right into the flat.

i dont remember if we got hit or not, may have forced a quick pass.  pretty sure on third down, maybe even on the second possession when we went 3 and out.  it definitely happened twice and I'm all but sure it was first half.

First possession on 3rd down they ran the same play that scored them a TD against Chicago. Olsen goes to set pick for Lafell instead of Armanti. Lafell is open for a bit but Newton doesn't see him. Newton had a little pressure in his face so it may have forced him to hold on to it. Hard to judge from the couch!

Football 101, score more points than your opponent. Carolina failed to score touchdowns resulting in Field goals.  Thats why they lost. Plain and simple. you can analyze all aspects of the game you want but if you cant put the ball in the endzone, you wont win very many games.

Guest CarolinaBlacknBlueblood

You could have replayed 100 panthers games over the years and saw the same garbage I saw lat night. Drives stall after 6 plays, rbs run for 7+ yards a play, and qbs shred our secoundary. Same ole shizz different year. I suppose we will get a top 10 oick next year...im so bummed.

You could have replayed 100 panthers games over the years and saw the same garbage I saw lat night. Drives stall after 6 plays, rbs run for 7+ yards a play, and qbs shred our secoundary. Same ole shizz different year. I suppose we will get a top 10 oick next year...im so bummed.

And that's the point. Nobody gives a fug that we lost the game. It's what you take away from our first team offense and defense. And it looks like the same poo from the past two years. No improvement. Hell you can make the case that the offense is regressing. We need a real offensive mind in there and we don't have one. We got mike fuging Shula and ken fuging Dorsey.

Football 101, score more points than your opponent. Carolina failed to score touchdowns resulting in Field goals.  Thats why they lost. Plain and simple. you can analyze all aspects of the game you want but if you cant put the ball in the endzone, you wont win very many games.

no way, really?  to get the ball into the endzone, you have to have all those aspects add up.  that would be an nfln summary of our game there you just gave us.

Archived