• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Affleck is your new Bruce Wayne; Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?

Dpantherman

Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel sequel, Warner Bros. has announced.

As reported by The Wrap, Greg Silverman, President of Creative Development and Worldwide Production at Warner Bros. made the following statement earlier today:

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some.

His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/23/ben-affleck-to-play-batman-in-man-of-steel-sequel

Update:

He has risen to television infamy by several names: Walter White, Heisenberg, The One Who Knocks.

But Breaking Bad star Bryan Cranston is putting behind his meth-king days with another ambition in mind: Destroying Superman.

Cranston has been cast as supervillain Lex Luthor in the Man Of Steel sequel, reports Cosmic Book News.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2401617/Breaking-Bads-Bryan-Cranston-cast-Lex-Luthor-Man-Of-Steel-sequel.html

I don't see why everyone is hating on this. I think that if he puts on a bit of muscle he'll be just fine.He's never really been a muscular guy so it'll be interesting to see if he can get into Christan Bale Batman shape. Acting wise I really think he'll be fine though. He's very underrated and has put in some good performances. I can't really think of anyone who 100% definitvely a better choice than Affleck either so I'm not going to complain. 

I don't think Bale was even a particularly good Batman, he just benefited from some fantastic scripts. Affleck could do the same. All up to the writer.

I agree. I didn't care for Bale either.  I think he overacted it.

Affleck is a great actor, but I don't think he fits Batman either.  We'll see.

I don't really think they've had a good Batman yet.  The mention of the 'Mad Men' guy is good... I think he at least fits the "look" of Bruce Wayne.

Archived