• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke & the Death Star

Rhys

Gentlemen and Lady,

There is a prophecy, unspoken for some time, that tells of young defensive paragon, who in his second year is aided upon a path of destiny by an immense star in the sky. A tremendous gravity surrounds it, drawing evils in, away from the young paragon. And with his path cleared of evils, he is able to bring balance to a long bedeviled franchise.

This franchise, had for many years wallowed in the depths, cast there by a fierce and terrible blood-red bird just after a victorious campaign in which an aging champion lead the franchise to one last post season berth. The champion fell, and so did the franchise.

Many cast their blame on the accursed symbol of the franchise, a great feline, with fur the color of a moonless night sky. But the wise ones knew, it was a combination of crappy personnel management and coaching.

But, just as the franchise began to despair, the young paragon took up the fallen banner, and led them to glory. With the star in the sky, he found the way to bring balance to the downtrodden franchise, and once again carried them to the holy land, the post season. 

52xjc7.jpg

Put this image together for my fantasy team that drafts on Monday. Heard the name "Luke & the Death Star" on here somewhere, credit to the person who came up with it. Everyone's welcome to use the name and image if they'd like. Wrote that weird short story because I've had one too many IPAs.

Anyway, I'll be at the game next Sunday, driving down from Raleigh. This is the first home opener I've been to since 08 when we beat the Bears. Hoping that's good luck somehow. If you see a bunch of guys playing cornhole and ladder ball on Panthers/Wolfpack sets, it's probably me. 

Archived