• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Football Outsider has Panthers rated 6th best team in NFL

SCP

This really isn't that crazy.  We had a top 10 defense last year and now we have Beason back, Short, Star in the front 7 and more experience in the secondary.  It only makes sense we'll be better.  Not to mention Rivera has fielded two different #1 defenses with a 3-4 and a 4-3 in the past (Bears, Chargers).   If there is one thing he knows, it's defense.  I know McDermott is the DC but you know Rivera has a hand in there.

The offense was a top 5 offensive before last year, with relatively the same roster (offensive line differences).  

This SHOULD be a good team.   Now, if that'll happen, we'll see, but we were historically unlucky last year in close games, even if we win half of the close games last year, we are a playoff team, and the same the year before.  

I suggest everyone read and or sub to ProFootBall focus and Football Outsiders.

They do the poo ESPN and NFL network should be doing.

This.

Stop bitching about ESPN while you continue to read/watch ESPN.

I haven't watched Sports Center in years. I've gotten a lot smarter about football because of it.

I suggest everyone read and or sub to ProFootBall focus and Football Outsiders.

They do the poo ESPN and NFL network should be doing.

I do not pay much attention to ESPN but the NFL Network makes me want to Puke. They only talk about The Golden Calf of Bristol, Mark Sancheese,and RG3. That is pretty bad considering The Golden Calf of Bristol and Sanchez are horrible football players.

The fact that we lost like 12 straight coin tosses or whatever the hell it was is a perfect microcosm of this team as a whole the last two years. Everything that could go wrong did at the most inopportune time.

As the article mentioned, simply playing similarly yet regressing to the mean gets us at 9-7. I think the team has improved by at least a couple wins above that. I'm always blindly optimistic, but 10-6 or 11-5 doesn't seem far fetched to me.

You should always pick tails, everyone knows that

Are these the same guys who had us as like the #4 team last season?

The talent/numbers are there as we all know...the luck/coaching/end game failure is what has held us back. Change a little of that around and that ranking could be justifiable.

There is no such thing as bad luck in football. It is what you make it and there are too many factors going into any given play (around 135) to say it was bad luck. Because over the course of 60 minutes 32 times we have had a shot to stay out of the "bad luck". Just do your job, everything else will fall into place.

Archived