• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Defensive Line will have dominant year!

Who Said What?

I fear lots of teams will start dinking and dunking on us.  Brady and Brees will be tough to deal with no matter how well the d line plays.  Good tackling will be crucial.  But Ryan?  My god I can't wait to play atl.  

It will be successful too unless McD starts allowing the DBs to be more aggressive.  Sunday Brady just threw five yard passes all day against Buffalo.  But Atl, I can see them trying those seven step drops and Ryan getting pounded waiting on deep routes to develop.

I guess man.  I have seen them both play and Turner has never missed the time that Jackson has missed.  Jackson can catch out of the backfield better, has more yards, and is a year younger so you win.

I think most people don't realize how good Jackson is because he has been stuck in a god-awful offense in St. Louis his entire career.  He has had 8 straight 1,000 yard seasons rushing, injuries and all.

Regardless,  I think we have the best run defense in the league and Jackson shouldn't fair any better than Lynch.

enjoy it while you can.. we wont be able to afford this D in 2 seasons.. not needing to upgrade the O with the talent we already have to pay.  Keek is gonna be franchised..he is that good.   star is cheap for the next 3 seasons at least..

Im telling you, if we lose and finish with top draft pick cam is gone just so they dont have to pay him ie extend the rookie pay roll with JFootball... stewart is gone next season if he doesnt perform and probably if he does.    

there no way were going to be able to pay everyone on our front 7 for 4 seasons even if they do stay healthy we just cant afford it.

enjoy it while you can.. we wont be able to afford this D in 2 seasons.. not needing to upgrade the O with the talent we already have to pay.  Keek is gonna be franchised..he is that good.   star is cheap for the next 3 seasons at least..

Im telling you, if we lose and finish with top draft pick cam is gone just so they dont have to pay him ie extend the rookie pay roll with JFootball... stewart is gone next season if he doesnt perform and probably if he does.    

there no way were going to be able to pay everyone on our front 7 for 4 seasons even if they do stay healthy we just cant afford it.

Dump the outrageous RB contracts and I think we will get enough breathing room to retain most of the important/up and coming pieces...

May be worth noting that from preseason to now the only 2 losses we have are against mobile QBs.

I believe when you have a good front four, you have to bring that extra guy against mobile QBs.  It is just like when we played Vick in Atlanta.  They figured hey we can rush four and drop everybody else fifteen yards downfield.  I do hope McD realizes you can bring one more fast guy to cut down all of that scrambling like he did with Godfrey.  Godfrey came on a delay and when Russell tried to take off up the open gap he got baptized. 

That is the only down side as some coaches will never blitz and with mobile QBs, they will run your front four ragged.  Additional pressure changes that though.

Archived