• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Star Top Rookie of Week 1

CPF4LIFE

Lotulelei, whom the Panthers selected 14th overall out of Utah, earned the start alongside veteran defensive tackle Dwan Edwards and underrated defensive ends Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. The rookie hardly relied upon his help, however, frequently absorbing double-teams and yet still recording four tackles in his debut, including a three-yard tackle for loss of Seahawks' star running back Marshawn Lynch and nearly recording a sack for a safety of quarterback Russell Wilson.

Lotulelei was part of a unit that held Lynch to just 43 yards on 17 carries, less than half of his 99.38 yard-per-game average of a season ago.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/23581759/top-nfl-rookie-of-week-one-panthers-dt-star-lotulelei

One of the few bright spot on Sunday. Star is going to be special. I'm still speechless to how we landed him at no14.

Wouldn't say he's 'one' of the bright spots. We took one of the best teams in the NFL to the limit and the entire DL played great. Only the secondary was really weak, but that said how many times will we face a QB as adept at escaping pressure as Wilson?

You put Brees or Ryan in those situations and we come out with 5-6 sacks.

When you post a link, have an excerpt or some of your own thoughts along with it. No one is interested in how quickly you can post it.

Sorry, posted it right before i went to sleep last night.and I wasn't trying to be the first to post. Just was given him props Cuz his great play seemed overlooked. Some people don't care about 50 threads on why the Offense struggled

Nice! Doubt we get ROTY 3 times in a row cause I do t think DL get that much notice.

I don't know, I think its quite possible. I mean he got the nod as best rookie in NFL (offense and defense). And thats over QBs. Of course that is just one site, but that's all you need to start the recognition.

Plus, the fact we have such a tough schedule makes his contributions more noticable. It sort of plays in his favor. You stuff a Ryan Grant, big deal. But you stuff Lynch, AP, Jackson, Martin, or Gore......you have a better shot at getting notice. And, a lot of people are talking about how improved our Dline is because of his addition. Maybe not the "sexy" pick, but quite possible.

Archived