• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Begin Head Coach Search?

carp24000

It could imply that the candidate that has been reached out to is Lovie Smith, who is not currently employed in the NFL. I don't think any restrictions would stop us from letting him know that we are interested.

I feel like this story has some merit, but it also has to do with making sure Rivera knows there is a fire burning red hot under his ass, and just because he beat a lowly Giants' team doesn't mean that his job is 100% safe.

could be someone in college.  

you don't buy anything positive about DG. period

I am a simple man. You have to prove yourself in order to get assumptions your unknown ways are good.

DG has no resume as a GM and I didn't like some comments he made and ignoring glaring holes....ones that revolve around the QB.

Too many IMO think DG is great despite him not doing that much.

His record overall to date has never shown much faith in this QB/HC... and I didn't want a doomed season. Goes back to JR though....he keeps creating these scenarios

Shaw is never leaving Stanford.

Yeah, there was a report that David Shaw said that he wasn't going to leave Stanford any time soon. He said something along the lines of, "Tell me which NFL city is better than Palo Alto, and then explain that to my wife".

could be someone in college.  

Could be, but I feel like the rules of colleges might be similar to the NFL. I'm not sure how it works, though. It seems like it means that we've contacted someone who isn't in the NFL anymore (Smith, Chucky, Cowher). But, yeah, it could be someone in college.

David Shaw PLEASE!

From Peter King (MMQB)

Me: “You tempted by the NFL?”

Shaw: “Nope.”

Me: “Ever?”

Shaw: “Maybe somewhere way down the road. I said no to all the interviews last year. I got called by a bunch of teams. I love where we’re at right now, I love this team. This team we have, it’s going to be good for a while.”

Me: “No guarantees in the NFL. The grass isn’t always greener.”

Shaw: “When teams reached out to me last year, I said, ‘Okay, you tell me which NFL city is better than Palo Alto. And then explain that to my wife.’ ‘’

He signed a long term extension at Stanford less than a year ago and he's made similar string statements every time he's been asked.

Yeah, anything can happen, but I seriously doubt he's coming to the NFL.  And if he eventually does, it's highly unlikely it will be with an East Coast team.

I am a simple man. You have to prove yourself in order to get assumptions your unknowns ways are good.

DG has no resume as a GM and I didn't like some comments he made and ignoring glaring holes....ones that revolve around the QB.

Too many IMO think DG is great despite him not doing that much.

His record overall to date has never shown much faith in this QB/HC... and I didn't want a doomed season

once again the comments he made you took out of context.

I like his pedigree and that he actually has a plan in place.

you didnt like the beason move because of film room study. you find anything and everything to fault instead of looking at the other side of the situation. that is your m.o.

you can call it anything else but there are positives and negatives to every situation. you look at the negatives.

Actually it makes perfect sense.

These guys are making career decisions.  Who the head coach ia has a pretty big effect on that career.

I get that, it will play a factor. But in no way will it be a deal breaker for those players. Either way they are looking at a new coach, (if that was to happen) and the options would be to play with players you know, or go somewhere else for more or less money.

Way too many variables...

You know there are some head coaches that DO come in and start off great. Its all in the selection of the coach.

From RotoWorld, even though it's a re-hash.

8339.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Panthers have "begun laying the groundwork" for a head-coaching search in 2014.

Although Ron Rivera is expected to keep his job through the season -- and is coming off an impressive 38-0 win over the Giants -- he's unlikely to return as Carolina's head coach in 2014. Rivera was not handpicked by first-year GM Dave Gettleman, and the Panthers have already begun doing "background checks" on potential replacements. Rivera is essentially a lame duck in 2013, who'd probably need a legitimate miracle to last into next year.

you think Getty didn't want this leaked?

I think our FO leaked it

I'm saying if we didn't want it leaked....and have spoken with one guy and HE leaked it....that would take him out of consideration bc it would highly piss off our FO. But I think our FO leaked it