• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team preparing bids for Giants WR Hakeem Nicks

thunderraiden

Giants may franchise him or Cruz. And I'd be willing to have Cruz over Hicks.

I don't think he's a legit #1.

I'd rather not have him here for the money he'll command and there are several FA WRs out there who would better fit whatever offense the new OC and HC will bring, I'm sure.

Giants may franchise him or Cruz. And I'd be willing to have Cruz over Hicks.

I don't think he's a legit #1.

I'd rather not have him here for the money he'll command and there are several FA WRs out there who would better fit whatever offense the new OC and HC will bring, I'm sure.

They already extended Cruz.

Would we rather Nicks or Hardy?

Unless insane contract required, Nicks.  We need a #1 WR bad, and we have for years.  We have ZERO history of drafting a WR and developing him for the #1, we got lucky in Smith and that was over a decade ago.   I hate to say it, but if Hardy doesn't want what we offered him, let him walk and go after Nicks.  Then use early picks on o-line and secondary.  I understand Nicks is a bit of a risk with his injuries, but like I said, we're a team that hasn't developed a WR in forever, gotta take some risks.

Guest KingKam

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077085/team-preparing-bids-for-giants-wide-receiver-hakeen-nicks

I think we have the best chance of locking him up long term in a trade scenario if we play decent down the stretch. Remember, his ENTIRE family just saw the Panthers destroy his team a few weeks ago live.

I can see him going with the Jets because of the proximity of the two team so relocation would not be a problem for him. Plus the Jets are about 40mil under the cap and in need of WR help right now.

Guest KingKam

Yeah I literally don't think we will have the money to do it. Nicks will want $12M to 16M right?

We are going to be stuck building through the draft and picking up reasonable free agents for the next few years

And keep blaming Cam when we keep losing. Great plan.

Unless insane contract required, Nicks. We need a #1 WR bad, and we have for years. We have ZERO history of drafting a WR and developing him for the #1, we got lucky in Smith and that was over a decade ago. I hate to say it, but if Hardy doesn't want what we offered him, let him walk and go after Nicks. Then use early picks on o-line and secondary. I understand Nicks is a bit of a risk with his injuries, but like I said, we're a team that hasn't developed a WR in forever, gotta take some risks.

Nicks is going to be in demand. This idea that he will offer a hometown discount is wishful thinking at best.

$50+ million for a WR considering his injury concerns is much more than "a bit of a risk". It's downright dumb.

People forget it isn't hurney slinging ridiculous contracts. I trust Gettleman's judgement on this. I am sure he is aware about Nicks and his potential. Gettleman would be the first person to know if Nicks would be worth a third round pick and a contract. Ideally grabbing him now would be great. Let um audition for the rest of the season. See if he would be worth signing to a huge deal. Gettleman has not made ridiculous contracts so far. So it is safe to say he will give Nicks a fair contract.

Archived