• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team preparing bids for Giants WR Hakeem Nicks

thunderraiden

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24077085/team-preparing-bids-for-giants-wide-receiver-hakeen-nicks

Nicks, 25, could end up being the highest-paid player in what looks to be a pedestrian free-agent class (tight end Jimmy Graham, for instance, is going to be franchised by the Saints if he isn't extended), and a team acquiring the star receiver at the trade deadline would only owe him about $1.4M for the remainder of the season based on his $2.7M salary).

I think we have the best chance of locking him up long term in a trade scenario if we play decent down the stretch. Remember, his ENTIRE family just saw the Panthers destroy his team a few weeks ago live.

Nicks is not going to demand top dollar. There may be a bidding war, but the price will not be extraordinary. He is living off his past right now. Unless he gets back to mini-beast mode, he will be rather inexpensive.

Still don't want him. I want a potential #1. Nicks can help our WR corp, but he is not a #1 anymore. Pay him #2 money and I may change my mind.

I'd be more excited about the prospect if it was Victor Cruz and not Nicks.

But, like Zod said, we have players now that we need to pay big $$ to. If I had to choose though between JStew and Nicks being on our roster - I'd pick Nicks. If Giants didnt have Andre Brown coming back I'd love to just trade our banged up RB for their injury prone WR. But wouldn't happen.

Archived