• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

St Louise

SCP

So he was talking about a different Jim Hart than I thought.

My confusion arose because there was a Jim Hart who was QB for the then St. Louis Cardinals football team back in the '70's.

Carry on...

Yes, I was talking about the wrestling guy. I'm not smart enough to go Jim Hart the QB.

I was in St. Louis for work last week and everyone there is so caught up in the Cardinals they could almost care less about the Rams.  It is kind of an anomaly in regards to how passionate the city is for baseball and not football.

Of course, the Cardinals do have a much longer and winning tradition, but usually football trumps everything in cities that have multiple sports teams.  And the Rams did win the Superbowl in 1999 and were in the SB again in 2001, so it's not like they haven't had any success.

Nice enough fans, but definitely under the ESPN/ national media BS narrative that Cam is holding the Panthers back.  The long term fans definitely still remember Smitty scoring in Double Overtime in 2003, so that is cool.

Sunday will be a tough matchup.  The Rams defense is on par with Arizona.  Running the ball will be key to keeping their D-Line from teeing off on Cam.  Bradford is very streaky.  He got hot last week against the Texans and played great (their defense like ours was dominant), but he can be forced into bad decisions.  His offensive line protected well for him in 2011 and they thoroughly beat us.  The was in St. Louis though.

The Panthers really need to win the next 2 to be in a position to push for the playoffs.  I really think the talent is about equal between teams overall.  The Panthers and Rams are underrated nationally for their talent, especially on defense.  This game IMO will come down to coaching and execution.

I am a bit jealous of St. Louis because if I lived there, every morning I would walk down to the Mississippi river, grab a tree branch, dangle my ass over the edge,and take a poop just for the satisfaction of knowing that my turd would float down stream and end up diluted in the New Orleans drinking water system.

You sir, are a genius!

Archived