• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Is Improving

mav1234

Cam isn't having to shoulder the load. This is the most complete team he's ever played for.

Said it elsewhere: they're using the same tactic the Steelers used on Roethlisberger at a point when he was getting kind of erratic.

They're lowering the amount of passes he's throwing per game, allowing him to improve his consistency with a lighter workload.

Once you accomplish that, down the road you can start ramping him up again.

It's a good strategy.

I think that the lopsided scores the last couple of weeks has more to with it than anything else. He hasn't had as many pass attempts because they aren't really neccessary when you're winning by 15-30 points. Then there's the fact that the Pick 6 early in the game basically kept the offense off of the field for most of the 1st quarter.

Said it elsewhere: they're using the same tactic the Steelers used on Roethlisberger at a point when he was getting kind of erratic.

They're lowering the amount of passes he's throwing per game, allowing him to improve his consistency with a lighter workload.

Once you accomplish that, down the road you can start ramping him up again.

It's a good strategy.

I think that the lopsided scores the last couple of weeks has more to with it than anything else. He hasn't had as many pass attempts because they aren't really neccessary when you're winning by 15-30 points. Then there's the fact that the Pick 6 early in the game basically kept the offense off of the field for most of the 1st quarter.

Except you don't start the game winning by that many points.  You have to work your way to it.

Honestly, it should be no shock that the number of attempts would go down a little given that we moved on from an OC with a rep for being too pass happy.

He is at his best when he does the least. When he tries to do too much he gets in trouble. When he just lets the game come to him he is exceptional.

Exactly, its like fantasy football is ruining peoples perception of what great QB can be.

Last weeks game is a prime example. Yeah, he only threw 1 TD, but he protected the ball and was efficient. He could have had 3 passing TD's with Ginn and Smitty both getting to the 1 yard line. But that still added 10 points and put STL out of reach.

Reminiscent of the NO game last year. Share the load, use the players around you. All we really need is protection by the Oline and he/we can be consistent winners. When we play like that we can put 30 on anybody. And with the D becoming what it is, that's very dangerous.

No kidding. But getting an early lead and never really being in danger of losing it will usually lead to a lower number of pass attempts than being in the reverse situation would. Field position played a factor as well. The defense has helped the offense a lot the last couple of weeks, when it comes to starting with good field position.

25-30 pass attempts a game will be closer to the norm than 17 will be from here on out,imo.......unless the running game shows that it can be more effective and/or the defense/ST are scoring TDs and putting the defense right back on the field(not that that would be a bad thing).

Except you don't start the game winning by that many points.  You have to work your way to it.

Honestly, it should be no shock that the number of attempts would go down a little given that we moved on from an OC with a rep for being too pass happy.

Archived