• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Julius Peppers

Darth Biscuit

Don´t get me wrong, I do not hate him, I just hate(ed) his starve for the BIIIIIG bucks when he already made riddicules huge money and his way of handling the situation. IMO DWill and Stew (and Tolbert) got/get held out of many plays by Chud & Shula. But still, their contracts ar way off as well, but they never ever complained in their entire Panthers career. They have class, which I did not see in Pep. I have a problem with those money hungry, reality denying, a§§hole players. Pep IMO is one of them.

Someone needs to learn their history,  Peppers didn't hold out for more money.  Hell Hurney tried to pay him with a offer that would have made him the highest paid DE.  Peppers wanted a change of scenery and Hurney kept franchising him.  Not Peppers fault.

Someone needs to learn their history,  Peppers didn't hold out for more money.  Hell Hurney tried to pay him with a offer that would have made him the highest paid DE.  Peppers wanted a change of scenery and Hurney kept franchising him.  Not Peppers fault.

So very true, and how soon ye forget....

He'll be 34 before next season starts and his productivity this year is down only because he's become a very situational pass rusher. But more than that, perhaps he got everything he wanted in Chicago and more. Peppers has remained under the NFL radar in general since leaving for the Bears. He got more publicity and headlines in Charlotte than he ever has in Chicago. Between he and Steve Smith, they were the highlight reels of the Panther games a few years ago. Now you're lucky to hear about Peppers unless you catch the player introductions before the game.

He wanted out and there was no stopping him. His biggest mistake was burning the bridge with his comments and actions after leaving....

So that justifies playing only 80% strengh?

But whatever, as for me he can go to any scenery but Carolina.

steve smith is #1 panther pound for pound... but peppers was unstoppable in carolina

Oh he was very stoppable lol. Especially if you caught him on a day when he didn't feel like playing.

Steve Smith gives his 100% every day and even with disadvantages he has become well known for being one of the most unguardable and ferocious players of all time. ALL TIME.

First you say Winston > Cam and now Peppers is more talented than smith???

Who are you? Skip Bayless?

So that justifies playing only 80% strengh?

But whatever, as for me he can go to any scenery but Carolina.

You wont get no argument from me on him playing half a game or not showing up. His stats was padded against awful olines.  I argued when he was here he wasn't worth all the money given to him.  But on the flip side give him a vets min and he would be a good 3rd down DE. 

This is correct! Honestly, I don't blame him wanting a change of scenery. He had lived in NC his whole life. Hurney shouldn't kept him around. My thing is if someone doesn't want to stay with a particular job, don't try to force them. No hate for the guy at all from my way. He got to go to a place he wanted to go and I still cheer for our boys.

Archived