• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

causes for concern next week

KillaCamNewton

TBH I'm not as worried about Cam as our Oline and RBs. They have to play well and not turn it over. 3-4 teams have caused us fits in the past with our line.

IMO, Cam may have learned another lesson today. We can win when he has a bad day. Maybe now he can relax and just be Cam, knowing his teammates can carry him. This was a huge "Team" win.

Maybe we can get past all this, as Cam goes, and turn it into, as we go, after this team win.

I love the way Cam fought back and finished the game. When we did not come out in the 2nd half and score, I was thinking about getting worried. All that Divisional games are all tough kinda thing.

10 minutes left, Bilick says Panthers may want to try and eat some clock while they score.

Then Cam to Smitty, Cam to DWill, run from DWill, and suddenly we were in atl territory. Suddenly, we were back on track. Then Bilick says, 7 points in 3 min., I guess that is one way to eat up the clock. LOL

SF here we come. With our 10 wins in our last 15 games. Riding our second 4 game winning streak during that stretch. Having a spank % of 90 in games we win. ha ha (The only team we beat and didn't spank was the Raiders) That is an impressive run. I don't care what.

O-line depth is a worry. This is an ongoing worry all year though. So it is almost old new any more.

Have to play discipline, mistake free football.

Glad Cam had an off game against Atlanta, knows it'll make him work hard this week to.improve.

And the best defense is going to be our offense sustaining drives, keeping the SF offense on the sidelines.

Looking forward to this game.

Kinda sucks were playing them coming off a bye and then the pats coming off a bye. That used to not be relevant because we weren't relevant and could be overlooked. But now that were making some noise these high caliber teams won't be overlooking us.

Sent from my HTC One using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Other than the seattle game, which was the first game of the year and an early east coast game for them, what other legitimate offenses have we played? We've played

-buffalo in EJ manuels 2nd game of his career and we gave up 24

- the giants

- the cardinals

-the vikings with matt cassell

-the rams

-the bucs who are 0-8 and have a rookie at QB

- the falcons who are without 2 of the premier receivers in the game

Our defense has been sensational, i wont take anything away from them, but we've also had a very favorable first 8 games in terms of the offenses weve faced. We have the niners, tom brady, and drew brees twice left on the schedule. Well see real soon whether our defense is top notch or just the benefit of facing weak offenses

And who has the 49ers played that is worth a crap on the schedule and won? No one. Any team that was good against them this season they lost. Colts and Seahawks. So in other words the 49ers have played just about as many crappy teams and won this season as we have. So I believe both teams are on level ground right now on both sides of the ball. The only big avg. the 49ers have right now is their home crowd behind them. Get up early on them and don't look back. This is the best thing for the Panthers can do. If we win, we win. If we lose, we lose. We go down fighting. We have nothing to lose at this point. Yes we might be 5-3. But we are lucky to be this far in the season with this record. I love it and we just need to go in swinging and go down swinging. That is the way I see it. Plain and simple.

This is our first real test. A lot riding on this game that is for sure.

The book on Kaep is to contain him. That is how we play. Contain and collapse. Win this battle and we can win the war.

Keep doing what we do, move the ball and the chains, score some points, and play "lights out" Defense. Let the chips fall where they may against the 9ers.

With this being a 1:00 start, I think it is just another game for us. Unless the 9ers want to avoid being added to the list of spanked teams we are compiling. They had better bring their A game.

They are a pretty good team. We are a pretty damm good team. We win. 31-17.

One little correction. The game is at 4:30 eastern time.

i know we had a blowout win today (again) but the reality is this SF game is our first game of the year since week 1 that we're actually playing a team thats relevant.

-my first point is that this isn't necessarily a bad matchup for us on offense. the 49ers have a great defense, but they are actually pretty bad against the pass. also, assuming aldon smith gets a suspension, their pass rush becomes much less effective as well. cam should have a field day

-my concern is on the defensive side of the ball. the 49ers have a very mobile QB and arguably the best offensive line in football. if you remember from the buffalo and seattle games, our defense struggles against mobile QB's because they are better at avoiding our pass rush and causing our secondary to cover receivers for a longer amount of time- which is exactly what we dont want. not only that, but with a dominant line like the niners, we will most likely need to bring more pressure than from just the front 4 like we are used to, and that spells even more trouble for our secondary.

long story short, next week we will know that we either have the best D in the NFL, or that our defense can be exposed by solid line play and a mobile QB

We held a 8-1 team to 12 points, their season low, and that you call struggle?

If you want to worry, worry about the fact that we might start a defensive tackle from the street at guard...

Archived