• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First World Problem: The Valet

Captroop

So I went to my girlfriend's mom's birthday dinner and had my car valeted when I arrived. Made me pay up front, which i thought was unusual, but what-evs. End of the evening, I give them my ticket. Car comes back covered in bird poo. I mean it looks like my car has been white washed. And I just spent 16 bucks at the car wash last week.

What do you do in this situation? Because I'm a total puss, or more likely because I was about 6 mojitos deep, I just tipped the guy and went on my merry (swervy) way.

But the more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. I paid them to park my car under what appears to be the fecal repository for the national aviary. I could have done that myself! Or better yet, parked it somewhere that didn't look like the set of a Hitchcock film. What would you do? Not tip? Ask for your money back? Or is that part of the transaction; you're too lazy to park, just be glad we have it back to you with all the pennies in the ash tray.

Also, it makes me think it might be time to get a new car. I doubt they would park a Porsche under Big Bird's Chili House. I feel like they saved that spot for a beater, and then I rolled in.

Anyway, I paid, tipped, and will have to invest in another car wash. FML.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Okay, I overstated the amount I drank. I had two mojitos; I only meant to indicate I had enough to be non-confrontational. Didn't mean to invoke the wrath of McHawk the crime dog.

So seriously, what do you do in that situation?

(And it's an 08 Camry)

Archived