• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Been awhile since I seen an opposing fanbase giving us absolutely 0% chance of winning.

thunderraiden

They have one of the cockiest fan bases in the league for sure.  In the end, it doesn't matter.  The 49ers and the Panthers will play next Sunday and the fans' opinions and predictions won't matter in the slightest.

They are dumb and cocky even when they stink

I remember back in 2010 at BOA they were actually chanting for backup David Carr to come in for them. Every Panther fan knew just how bad Carr was so it was lol worthy. Alex Smith gets injured and they applaud, Carr comes in and blows the game of course. Next season Alex Smith takes them to 13-3 and the NFC championship.

My biggest fear is that our OL isexposed Sunday. We were not strong going in, and we have a LT pondering retirement, a second string LG who was released and not picked up by anyone until we had an injury, a third string RG who was a defensive tackle and would not have made the roster this year, and a RT from New Mexico who was undrafted and is considered one of the weakest in the league. 

I hope cam is working on the quick-hitting routes, the screens, the draws, etc this week.  I hope he plans to run.  We cannot expect our OL to hold out their DL/LBs for 4 to 5 seconds.  I have a feeling they will send a lot of blitzes at us. 

I like how out-of-touch these "football" fans seem to be on the 49ers boards.

These are two hugely talented defenses, who both run the ball well, and have occasionally erratic QB play. 

It suggests a hard nosed, low-scoring defensive battle. Which is why all these blowout predictions, or high scoring shoot-outs are laughable at best. 

My biggest fear is that our OL isexposed Sunday. We were not strong going in, and we have a LT pondering retirement, a second string LG who was released and not picked up by anyone until we had an injury, a third string RG who was a defensive tackle and would not have made the roster this year, and a RT from New Mexico who was undrafted and is considered one of the weakest in the league. 

I hope cam is working on the quick-hitting routes, the screens, the draws, etc this week.  I hope he plans to run.  We cannot expect our OL to hold out their DL/LBs for 4 to 5 seconds.  I have a feeling they will send a lot of blitzes at us. 

That is one major thing about Cam that irritates me,holding the ball for 6+ seconds or longer!

Aren't they just now coming back from London?  That was their last game right?  It usually takes a while to get over that kind of time shift especially going home to the left coast.  Add in completely embarrassing the Jags, they might have the feeling of invincibility.  Perfect time to pop them right in the snot box.

Aren't they just now coming back from London?  That was their last game right?  It usually takes a while to get over that kind of time shift especially going home to the left coast.  Add in completely embarrassing the Jags, they might have the feeling of invincibility.  Perfect time to pop them right in the snot box.

They had a bye last week. Plenty of time to adjust.

I wouldn't count on any advantage from their playing in Lodon prior to their bye.

I also don't believe we need it.  If we play the game we're capable of playing we can, and will, beat them.  For us this comes down a lot more to how much grit does the team have and exactly how prepared for the game will they be.  Come out flat and unprepared and we're gonna get punched in the nose.  Come out sharp and playing our game?  Good chance we get out with a win.

Hey fellas, 49er fan here, about the board over there, a lot of the posters may be some **** talkers, but I think that a lot of them are just being facetious, can't take it too seriously, some of them, of course, are acting stupidly. (But some Carolina posters are also acting silly...)

My honest take on the game is that Carolina is a really strong defensive team, but with your decimated OL and the other "advantages" that a team gets from being at home, bye week, activating talented players, will be too much and we'll get the win.

In the last couple of weeks, we are going to have activated: Aldon Smith, Mario Manningham, Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial and Eric Wright to plug in as needed; they are all going to be incredibly fresh.

I get what guys are saying about the bye week not being a huge advantage, but what I can tell you right now is that this bye week could NOT have come at a better time for us. Several guys had ticky tack injuries that are going to be able to heal up 100% with that extra time off, and guys that we have recently activated will get 2 full weeks of practice time and conditioning to get up to speed. In our situation, the bye week is a huge advantage. Whether the extra game planning really means anything is a question though.

I simply don't see how your O is going to move around on our D, we had 2 bad games very early in the season that are now skewing stats for us, we are among the top Ds in the league again at this point.

At the same time, SF's O is going to have a hard time against your front 7, but I believe that with a healthy and talented OL, Kap and Gore will be able to move it modestly enough on the ground to let Vernon, Q and Mario get going.

My prediction is 21-13 Niners.

Hey fellas, 49er fan here, about the board over there, a lot of the posters may be some **** talkers, but I think that a lot of them are just being facetious, can't take it too seriously, some of them, of course, are acting stupidly. (But some Carolina posters are also acting silly...)

My honest take on the game is that Carolina is a really strong defensive team, but with your decimated OL and the other "advantages" that a team gets from being at home, bye week, activating talented players, will be too much and we'll get the win.

In the last couple of weeks, we are going to have activated: Aldon Smith, Mario Manningham, Tank Carradine, Quinton Dial and Eric Wright to plug in as needed; they are all going to be incredibly fresh.

I get what guys are saying about the bye week not being a huge advantage, but what I can tell you right now is that this bye week could NOT have come at a better time for us. Several guys had ticky tack injuries that are going to be able to heal up 100% with that extra time off, and guys that we have recently activated will get 2 full weeks of practice time and conditioning to get up to speed. In our situation, the bye week is a huge advantage. Whether the extra game planning really means anything is a question though.

I simply don't see how your O is going to move around on our D, we had 2 bad games very early in the season that are now skewing stats for us, we are among the top Ds in the league again at this point.

At the same time, SF's O is going to have a hard time against your front 7, but I believe that with a healthy and talented OL, Kap and Gore will be able to move it modestly enough on the ground to let Vernon, Q and Mario get going.

Man I'm glad we got that out of the way.

You heard it here first Panthers fans, just mark down the loss and focus on your fantasy teams this week. There isn't any reason to watch.

Btw... We should probably let Luke and hardy and Cam know they shouldn't play cuz it won't matter anyway. That way we can use them when we play a team that isn't the best at everything ever.

you've got our weaknesses pegged. i don't think you'll find very many people on this board who aren't deeply worried about this game.

i could see this game coming down to field goals.

Colts showed all of the 49ers weaknesses on offense and defense.

Run the ball with a stead roatatin and they get gassed.

Shut down Gore and make it about Colin and the game goes downhill.

Granted they might have Crabtree and Manningham back, but still our biggest worry is probably Boldin.

I think it's going to be a close game, and that worries me, but last Sunday I saw a team that knew how to finish and put a team away.

Let's se what happens.

Crabtree is still a few weeks out.

Archived