• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskins lose to Vikings

Kelp

I don't have any form of degree in psychology, but the hate for other young QB's comes as a proxy to Cam in that he was torn apart last year in favor of all these guys. It's going to form a natural rift and get us all pissed off. Andrew Luck gets spoken about even more than the others here because the year we went to complete poo and the opportunity to draft the consensus most sure fire franchise QB since manning and he went back to school. The fanbase was devastated. Now as luck would have it (heehee), we drafted Cam and everything turned out wonderfully for us. But Luck will, for better or worse, be loosely connected emotionally to this fanbase for his and Cam's entire career. It's just in a fan's nature for that to be the way it is.

I can say this though; if Cam continues his rocket trajectory to MVP status and our team is a constant contender, the references to Luck will be fewer and farther between.

I agree completely. This team, and Cam, now know they can make a mistake once in a while. We are good enough, with our Defense's help, of course, to overcome the occasional oops.

As for the Cam-Luck debate? I think Luck is a great fit where he is. He can be himself, and will always be viewed as a demi-god. Wilson may have a long career, but only if he can stay mobile. He has shown that shorter QBs can play, but they better be able to make plays while they make plays.

Then you come to Cam. In my eyes, the best QB prospect to hit the field. EVER. We have a bona-fide MVP type talent, growing up right before our eyes. The record books are going to add new categories because of Cam.

The question now becomes? How long are Shula and Cam a duo? Can you imagine someone hiring Shula away from us?

But it tangent away, yet again.

You want to be the best? You wait behind Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc...

You want to redefine the position? You are behind no man. Everything you do sets a standard. Folks used to poo poo on Total TDs, not so much anymore. And it has only been 2 1/2 years. Already changing the way the QB position is viewed.

I got more, but...I'll let you off the hook with a, I have watched, Barry Sanders, a HOF career, be wasted by good intentions paired with questionable, at best management. I don't think Cam is in any danger of that happening.

tl/dr version, for the new NFL, I want Cam. If I don't have Cam, Luck is a fine 2nd choice. Wilson if Luck decides to retire instead of playing here. Until I know more about that Kaep kid, he is a distant 4th.

Hope the vikings win more games.

I don't want to be that guy. But...why? Strength of schedule is down the line of tie-breakers.

Dude...fug the Vikings and that eye sore of a color, purple. In the NFL? You were Purple? No homo right?

Fug the Bears and GB as well. They are history, gone, kaput. The Lions gots this. Keeping my Lions vs. Psnthers Championship Game hopes alive.

I've waited my whole life for a true Franchise QB. Now I have 2. 1 a new age prototype of the next big thing, and 1, a prototypical pocket passer with a cannon for an arm.

Now if I could just get the wife to leave...

I agree completely. This team, and Cam, now know they can make a mistake once in a while. We are good enough, with our Defense's help, of course, to overcome the occasional oops.

As for the Cam-Luck debate? I think Luck is a great fit where he is. He can be himself, and will always be viewed as a demi-god. Wilson may have a long career, but only if he can stay mobile. He has shown that shorter QBs can play, but they better be able to make plays while they make plays.

Then you come to Cam. In my eyes, the best QB prospect to hit the field. EVER. We have a bona-fide MVP type talent, growing up right before our eyes. The record books are going to add new categories because of Cam.

The question now becomes? How long are Shula and Cam a duo? Can you imagine someone hiring Shula away from us?

But it tangent away, yet again.

You want to be the best? You wait behind Brady, Manning, Rogers, etc...

You want to redefine the position? You are behind no man. Everything you do sets a standard. Folks used to poo poo on Total TDs, not so much anymore. And it has only been 2 1/2 years. Already changing the way the QB position is viewed.

I got more, but...I'll let you off the hook with a, I have watched, Barry Sanders, a HOF career, be wasted by good intentions paired with questionable, at best management. I don't think Cam is in any danger of that happening.

tl/dr version, for the new NFL, I want Cam. If I don't have Cam, Luck is a fine 2nd choice. Wilson if Luck decides to retire instead of playing here. Until I know more about that Kaep kid, he is a distant 4th.

Yeah man. I have to admit, I didnt like the pick at all manly cause I was just mad at the way he destroyed my Gamecocks in the SEC Championship game that year and thought he would be just a bigger Michael Vick but I am surely glad I was wrong and found out that I care a lot more about the Carolina Panthers than even my Gamecocks.

Griffin has never done anything to us to warrant such hatred

I think the hate comes from a mix of rabid The Golden Calf of Bristol-esque worship by ESPN last season, Redskin fans that populate the Carolinas and talk a lot of junk, and things RG has said and done himself that make him come off as an a-hole, such as having a weekly press conference in the offseason to tell us how amazing his rehab is coming along.

Weren't we the team that sent them to 3-6?

Yes sir, and they run an offense similar to what San Fran runs. I also consider Griffin to be a more fluid QB than Kaep. In my opinion, we will be in a good spot for this game despite the nation wide consensus that we are overrated and stand no chance

Archived