• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - 49ers Gameday Thread

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• E4BFr3rVUAIm1Zm.jpg

• Topics

• He didn’t under perform. He is what he has always been The biggest winner was NO for dumping him off on a division rival…knowing Brees was retiring, they chose to keep a Winston and Hill instead  and don’t say, they didn’t have cap room, Payton always finds room for players they want. 
    • “So I decided right then when that happened that we don’t have a quarterback in the NFL, we’re not going to win. I’m getting out of here. I’m not staying here. I’m not going to be responsible for this. That doctor didn’t know his ass from a handful of sand. Drew Brees plays 15 more years, wins a Super Bowl, goes to nine Pro Bowls. And we didn’t take him in Miami, where he wanted to go. Some things you can’t control. When we left there nobody understood why. Well that was why. There’s always a reason.” I mean Saban isn't going to hang around take Ls.  We all know that.   But in the NFL, if you don't have a QB.....you are going to take Ls.  How great you are at coaching the sport isn't going to matter.  He is right about that.    Miami gave him Joey Harrington.  
    • Par for the course... There were professional personnel guys who believed in JaMarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf while others didn't think Russell Wilson or Tom Brady were worth first round picks. And of course there's the memory of Alex Smith going #1 and Aaron Rodgers still being available twenty spots later.  We'll see what happens...