• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Colon Kaepernick

Strawman

So for any users sitting at home watching ESPN, how are the discussions going?

Are they making excuses?

Giving us praise?

Not even talking about it?

What I've seen thus far has been "Whats wrong with Colin Kaepernick" and not "the panthers are for real".  Guess we got to keep winning before they start considering us a legitimate team.

Are they making excuses?

Giving us praise?

They are doing the Buy and Sell Segment

1) Is Carolina the best defense = Sell (2nd best)

2) Is Kaepersuck NOT an elite QB = Buy 

Also Greenberrg was picking us all week and did some "told ya so" this a.m.

Prisoners of the moment

Are they making excuses?

Giving us praise?

From what I saw today.. I think it was Mark Brunell running their contender or pretender segment and of course he says we were pretenders going with the classic don't think this team will go very far because of Cam stance.. then went on to say the Bengals are putting too much on Dalton in only his second year... this was just before a segment where he and Jaws were to discuss sophomore QBs... (I guess its one of the dudes first days on the job but he sounded like a moron while making the fore mentioned errors)

Then you ESPN's buy or sell segment where they were selling our defense as best in the league.. I had already muted the TV at that point but I'm sure it went to the tune of.. "well they haven't played anyone and SF also lost to Indy at home and struggle passing the ball.. heck maybe they even through in the lack of weapons in the passing attack.. who knows. I just saw they were selling our defense..

Really? So after one game yall pull this article?

This article came out when Kap was tearing it up. He's having a "sophmore" slump. Cam didn't exactly look great yesterday either...I've seen enough of Kap to agree with Jaws assessment.

This is his first full season as the starter. Greatest ever takes time.

From what I saw today.. I think it was Mark Brunell running their contender or pretender segment and of course he says we were pretenders going with the classic don't think this team will go very far because of Cam stance.. then went on to say the Bengals are putting too much on Dalton in only his second year... this was just before a segment where he and Jaws were to discuss sophomore QBs... (I guess its one of the dudes first days on the job but he sounded like a moron while making the fore mentioned errors)

Then you ESPN's buy or sell segment where they were selling our defense as best in the league.. I had already muted the TV at that point but I'm sure it went to the tune of.. "well they haven't played anyone and SF also lost to Indy at home and struggle passing the ball.. heck maybe they even through in the lack of weapons in the passing attack.. who knows. I just saw they were selling our defense..

So the media is dismissing the accomplishiments of the Panthers because of Cam?  Just be prepared for the "we told you so" when the Panthers lose their first game, regardless of who they lose too.

It's sad that these folks are still so hell bent on trying to control Cam's destiny in the NFL because he took the Heisman Trophy from their chosen boy, Luck, in 2011. ESPN was all prepared to crown Luck as the Heisman Trophy winning that season because the competition was good but he was well hyped since the beginning of the college season. But out of nowhere came Cam, and as they say, the rest was history. It's clear ESPN and their friends in the media, are on a war path and will say and do anything to bring down Cam. Can't be anymore OBVIOUS.  

Colin, RG, Russel are all real good QBs but IMO, the media lovefest for those guys seem quite fake. Especially when they go overboard with the praises. I believe a lot of it is built out of a desire to show their are not singling out Cam because of the color of his skin, like Warren called them out on.

Archived