• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Head of Officiating Says Wallace Catch Not a Catch

csx

In an officiating video distributed to the media, Blandino admitted that a 57-yard catch by Mike Wallace against the Panthers, which was ruled a catch on the field and stayed a catch even after the Panthers challenged, should have been ruled incomplete.

“The ball comes loose when he hits the ground,” Blandino said. “This is an incomplete pass. We didn’t rule it this way, and again, we’ve got to work and strive to be more consistent with our game officials to make sure they understand this.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/30/blandino-refs-need-to-be-more-consistent-on-catch-rulings/

I couldn't believe they didn't overturn that call. They define what catch is and isn't on a game by game basis it seems. If this has been posted please delete. I did not see it on the page or via search.

I don't feel like we have been unlucky when it comes to calls lately so I'm not sweating it.

I agree. However, when I was watching it I was baffled. 10 years ago that was a catch but in recent years any sort of inability to control the  ball even when down by contact resulted in an incomplete. I'm don't care as much about which way it is as long as the rule is clear and enforced consistently throughout a game and across games in any given season.

Well duh. Nothing was said about the other catch where the guy clearly lost the ball as he hit thr ground out of bounds? But agreed with the post above - at least this year the weird calls don't seem to be unilaterally in favor of Carolina opponents (coincidence or otherwise).

Okay, so twice in this game Dolphin catches were challenged, both reviews awarded the catch, and in both cases the outcome was incorrect AFTER looking at the replay?

I think Scott Green should be fired, especially when you add in the missed shot to Cam's chin by Wake.

Smfh

Archived