• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on Yahoo! picks Panthers over Saints

GRWatcher

http://sports.yahoo.com/video/cam-drew-control-nfc-north-201027996.html

It will be the Cam Newton Show....

Bad matchup for New Orleans ....

Also talks about how the crowd will quiet right down when the Saints aren't able to stay on top.

He's putting out there in the media a lot of the things we've been saying, sounding like he's actually watched some games and did some studying.

I can't wait for Sunday night!!

One thing you have to understand is Sean is as much a Cam Newton homer as Heath Evans is a Saints homer. Sean had Cam for MVP before the season started and has picked us to make the playoffs the past 2, maybe 3 seasons. He picked Cam for Rookie of the Year before any games were played. Sean absolutely loves Cam. I think he feels a connection to him being a black QB in the NFC South.

edit: And he may damn well be right....but there is definitely a bias there.

One thing you have to understand is Sean is as much a Cam Newton homer as Heath Evans is a Saints homer. Sean had Cam for MVP before the season started and has picked us to make the playoffs the past 2, maybe 3 seasons. He picked Cam for Rookie of the Year before any games were played. Sean absolutely loves Cam. I think he feels a connection to him being a black QB in the NFC South.

or maybe ..maybe he thinks hes just good.

We are the trendy pick right now for the talking heads, we are no longer that team that one guy has to go way out on a limb to pick the Panthers to win.  There are more than just a few "believers" out there in the media.  Screw them though, we've known all along.

I was watching NFL show on Showtime tonight and they were showing Taints fans in Seattle. Talk about bandwagon.

Can't really make that call based solely on video. If Carolina played in KC this year I'd probably be accused of being a bandwagon fan even though I've been on board since 95.

edit: And he may damn well be right....but there is definitely a bias there.

Difference in someone picking a team to win (King) and one saying another will put up 40+ pts (4 times what the opponent allows).

One sounds like he is making a thoughtful prediction.....and the other sounds like a bufoon.

I was watching NFL show on Showtime tonight and they were showing Taints fans in Seattle. Talk about bandwagon.

Speaking of bandwagoners, how about that MNF pre game show when they were asking a bunch of Seahawks "fans" who their kicker, long snapper, etc. were and nobody knew...cut to 3 year old girl putting them all to shame lol.

Archived