• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lovie Smith leading candidate for Bucs job; things are about to get real hectic in the NFC south.

Rags

Did you see the defense the Bears use to field? His only problem is offense but the thing is

Tamapa already has a  lot of the pieces in place for an elite defense. 

Say what you will about Lovie but he had a lot of good Defenses with the Bears, and even when he was fired they were a 10 win team.

It seems to suggest you can win a division with a strong defense and a clock killing offense.

Winning a division is cool, but I'd also like to see the team win a few Super Bowl's as well...

I'd also like to point out that Smith's offense was ranked in the top five in points in only one of his nine seasons at Chicago. Not exactly stellar.

I'm not taking anything away from the man, he is a great individual with a great heart and decent coach. He just couldn't find out how to field an offense in Chicago and unfortunately you rarely see teams win a Super Bowl based on defense alone (the Ravens are really the only team that comes to mind).

I like the idea of the Rivera-Smith rivalry.  Someone once hinted at one of the reasons Rivera was let go as the Bears DC some years ago, was because Lovie was afraid of his success.  Feared that he would be fired in favor of Rivera being the Bears HC perhaps.  Bring Lovie on Bucs!

If true, I got a chubby....aw hell, I already had one,

Archived