• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Renovation Plans Announced

chknwing

There are already less than 7,000 seats available for non-psl owners to buy. Do you want games to be available only to PSL holders?

Nobody wants to sit in row 34 of the corner end zone. There are more than 7,000 non PSL seats, that is just what they made available through Ticketmaster. Trust me, nobody wants those seats except when we host a playoff game. Which has happened what? 4 times?

I haven't read through the whole thread - just responding to something I saw in the OP.

Believe it or not, there actually has already been something done about the lower bowl drainage.   noticed during the rain game.  I sit on the second row and usually my seats fill with water too, but this time only the first row did.  It used to be that the water just dumped onto the sidelines at the end of the aisles, but this time I noticed that there were new round drainage areas at the bottom in the cement.  I am convinced that was the reason that my row was not underwater as well.  I sure rained hard enough for it - it's rained much less and we've been underwater.  I didn't go all over the stadium to see whether they were at the bottom of all aisles.  It's possible it was just mine because the instant replay booth is in front of the bottom of our aisle.  When that put that there, they did some measures to keep water for pouring on it - sealed it up with yeah, duct tape.  So that made our area a little worse.  But like I said, last game we were good.  And people on the first row could sit on their seats with their feet on the rail and they didn't have to leave (if they didn't want to be knee deep in water).  Their seats used to be completely covered up to the tops of the seat backs.

If Jerry is going to keep serving that Bojangles, the escalators are a wise investment! haha

In all seriousness, I love the new look. I do think it would be cool if the team installed a led light system along the railings for each level of the stadium that could light up in different shades of blue. I saw something like it on the Melbourne Rectangular Stadium in Australia, whose roof is full of small individual lights that put on a show at dark. Would be cool to do something like it. I know 90% of NFL games are played at day though.

I kind of have my own idea for adding some flare to the stadium.

I always thought it would be cool to have Panthers statues like the ones they have outside the stadium, inside the stadium. Perhaps they could be prowling the tops of the bowl, or looking like they're ready to pounce.  If nothing else it would be cool to have legit stone Panther statues over the top of the team entrance on the field.

We have the baddest mascot in the NFL and we don't take full advantage of it. I just think things like that would add to the stadium atmosphere and make fans really feel like they were in the Panthers den.

I just keep picturing the escalators shuttingn down and ppl tripping rocks

i mean thats some high tech poo if it works... carrying 150 people at once up revolving stairs? I just can't wait to hear the sound system. That poo gets crunk for the players

An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You should never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience.

--Mitch Hedberg

Archived