• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Free agent wish list

Blackmagic

you guys are going to hear me use this word a lot this off season. Chemistry.

instead of what we think are obvious talent upgrades keep this in mind. who hear wanted Mike Mitchell LAST off season? That guy has played lights out.

a good scouting dept not only looks at stats or production but heart and hunger. some things may not show up in a stat sheet and some things don't always jump out at you when you watch a game.

since we all want a WR don't just look at production. thats easy. look at targets in the 4th quarter. targets in the red zone. how did that guy do?

yards after catch? yards after a HIT?

dig a little deeper and you will find some diamonds.

Seattle went after Harvin and everybody went oh man they are going to be wicked good. well. they are playing for the NFC Champ but Harvin was hardly a factor.

on the other hand look at Boldin. his #'s his last 3 years with the Ravens were ok. hardly what he did in Arizona.

But this season he has 20 more catches and as many td's as his last 2 seasons COMBINED.

Mike Wallace? Do I even need to?

Just look past the obvious if you can. All I'm saying.

Keep Hardy for sure. I think he will stay. He understands the situation.. plus he will get his money. He is young we can pay him more money in the future.

Emmanuel Sanders

Toby Gerhart

Brandon Pettigrew

Riley Cooper

Eric Decker

TJ Ward

Antoine Bethea

Vontae Davis (hasnt played well at end of season because of injury, he is good healthy)

Elbert Mack

Woodyard

Lammar Houston

MIKE VICK as a backup for CAM NEWTON to teach him some poo.

Receivers-

Hakeem Nicks (only on incentives based deal)

Eric Decker (experienced go to guy for cam)

Tiquan Underwood (tall deep threat we need, but bucs wil prolly resign)

James Jones reliable catcher

Golden Tate like what he does for Seattle

Cbs-

Sam Shields

Aqib Talib

Alterran Verner

Dominic Rogers Cromartie

Id ike us to go heavy offense in the draft first four rounds double dipping on the Oline and Receiver, maybe go RT WR WR LT or go guard and a RT.

And sign two vet free agent CBs like shields and talib, even with hardys loss those and the front seven would be formidable, and a fee agent CB will be considerably cheaper than a WR like Nicks or Decker

there is no way i want Talib on this roster. especially while Smitty still sports the black and blue.

For WR, if we're looking at a good 1-2 year vet contract for a workable price, I'm looking right at Jericho Cotchery.  We want reliability, he brings it.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind us looking at Sanders, G. Tate, or Cooper if we have more room.   

Then some rookie WRs can bring the playmaking.  

My picks (considering a minimal cap situation):

RT: Britton

WR: Cotchery

CB: Alterraun Verner (our bigger contract)

The rest would be vet minimums.  

As alluded to earlier, might as well forget the big splash signings. Think about who's gonna be this years Mitchell or Ginn. Or Dwan a few years back. Think about the 2nd or 3rd tier guys with talent that just need a new scenery. That's who we'll be signing as the grout to our tiles.

The Realistic List                                  The Wish List

WR Jerome Simpson                             Eric Decker

OT Anthony Collins                               Branden Albert

CB Antoine Cason                                 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

As alluded to earlier, might as well forget the big splash signings. Think about who's gonna be this years Mitchell or Ginn. Or Dwan a few years back. Think about the 2nd or 3rd tier guys with talent that just need a new scenery. That's who we'll be signing as the grout to our tiles.

That's exactly how it's going to be. No big name FA signings at least until 2016.

Archived