• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Flavored vodka has gone to far

Johnny Rockets

The vodka market has been flooded with just about every possible flavor of vodka you can imagine (Peanut Butter and Jelly, Pickles, Bacon, Fruit Loops, Krispy Kremes, etc) but what I found out yesterday took me back a bit....

So yesterday I stopped in a Charlotte ABC store and noticed an oddly shaped bottle at the register. I started to look at it and the guy told me it was whole wheat flavored vodka. I thought he meant vodka made out of whole wheat but he insisted it is made to taste like whole wheat bread. That didn't sound appealing at all but....

Next he told me something else that almost made me throw up right then and there. He said starting next month they will be carry a tobacco floverd vodka. It will come in 2 flavors, regular tobacco and also menthol. Now I am a smoker and I couldn't image drinking a tobacco flavored vodka. Sure enough...it's a real thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/foodbeast/tobacco-and-menthol-vodka_b_3805946.html

I'm being from USSR... That's a fuging disgrace.

I bought flavored vodka once and it tastes like poo... Overkilled with sugar. I do occasionally drink flavored vodka but I flavor it myself. I buy fresh limes or 100% lime juice and mix it with vodka. That's as far as I go. I call Russian lemonade and many huddlers had on tailgates.

The only flavored vodka I drink is potato flavored...because it's fermented from potatoes. Other than that it's unforgivable.

I have 3 bottles of vodka right now, 1 Luksosowa that I actually drink, 1 Birthday Cake flavored bottle I got as a gift that is unopened, and 1 vanilla bean bottle of Pinnacle I got when I was having house parties where party girls might come (i.e. when I was 21) and even then no one drank it. 

I do like the whipped vodka for what it's worth ... mix it with Orange Sunkist --- Cremesicle in a Glass! 

Agreed....I actually keep a bottle of orange cream vodka (it's just like whipped with sunkist just already mixed) in the fridge all the time.

I am also guilty of having the occasional Limeade bottle of vodka as well.

Archived