• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Do We Double Dip Again?

mercules20

I think people should be prepared for the head scratcher draft.....NYGs were known for this as Gettlemen observered while working there and his first IMO was as we glanced at our "glaring needs".

Giants for example would be stacked at certain areas and have huge holes.....yet keep drafting at "strengths". DG did this last year at RB and LB.

Don't be shocked IMO to see a defensive lineman get picked.

I think he stays on the offensive heavily. But I wouldn't be shocked to see him draft a. DE, DT, LB or RB in the mid rounds

Oline is a question mark due to the injuries on it this season but we know damn well this team needs a big, tall, strong, and sure handed wideout that can go up for balls. Position has been lacking for too long know. Yes we have some pieces there but this could complete the WR core.

I wont be surprised if Calvin Pryor off the board and a wr who we value at the first is off, we get Ryan Shazier 

Shazier is the Derricks Brooks mold and would be a perfect WLB fit next to Luke

We would have the best linebacking corps in the league hands down 

To me we do need two tackles and two receivers and prol two dbs.

Smitty and gross if they do comeback it's will be for one year we don't know what next years draft will hold and we will be carrying over more dead money after this next season so in terms of needs as this years class is deep at receivers is take two, we have smith possibly, no lafell hixon or ginn and even going forward ginn isn't yeh answer if we can pick up two studs in this years draft. Tackle as I said we need two, gross may wel comeback but at best he needs a replacement lined up and bell is back up at best so we need a RT. Dbs can be adressed in free agency there the cheapest position to bargain with in free agency unlike wideouts or linebackers etc. We have 7 picks people and maybe more I hardy is traded and we have hardly any cap room and a cap hell dragging over to next season so let's go now in the draft to sign our future.

it's not that the team couldn't use two tackles - but there are various reasons to not do this. 

for one, Gettleman didn't likely double dip because he had some master plan to double up, he did it because it was the choice to make.  

two, Gross is very easy to bring back another year inexpensively, so that eliminates some of the need, and that year lets you see what you really have in Nate Chandler at tackle.  That's not to say Chandler should be the next man up, but he's good enough depth. 

They can get away with one good guy in the first or second.  

From where I stand, right now Silatolu and Kalil are the only guaranteed starters going into next year. That leaves 3 starting O-line spots that are up for grabs. Or at least should be in the case of Bell. I hope Gross comes back and can play another year at a high level but that's a question mark right now.

It'll be interesting how it plays out.

Need both tackles

RT is a cluster

LT is a definite need even if we get Gross to stay one more season.  You don't want to start a rookie there

With Kugs and Amini coming back, I can wait a year on G. Wharton would go another year also if needed.

Archived