• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Gettleman up to something?

KillaCamNewton

His main issue is that he's not necessarily a 'complete' tailback.. Meaning he's not as sharp in pass pro or the receiving game. But he's definitely a stud running the ball.

Not even remotely true, I've seen every snap of his in college

He is a very capable receiver out of the backfield, we just didn't throw the ball to him all that often because he had enough carries as is

He is actually a more than decent pass protector as well, I'd have no concerns with him being a capable pass blocker in the NFL

We shouldn't draft a RB in the 2nd no matter what after thinking about it. Only reason our run game sucks is the box is stacked every time and our receivers can't get open even with the box stacked. If we draft some outside talent it'll open it up for DeAngelo or Stewart.

He is a very capable receiver out of the backfield, we just didn't throw the ball to him all that often because he had enough carries as is

He is actually a more than decent pass protector as well, I'd have no concerns with him being a capable pass blocker in the NFL

As an arizona student i cosign. The one thing kadeem lacks is breakaway speed. He wont be busting off any 80 yard touchdowns where he leaves safeties in his tracks but dont kid yourself: hes a very complete back. Hes extremely elusive, has great vision, runs angry, and most importantly he rarely goes down on the first hit

Hm.... I heard otherwise, but he's a stud nonetheless.. So you think he can be a Leveon bell type? That's who I see him as.

With Cams contract coming up Gman has his work cut out. If we sign Cam this year I do not see how we will not regress unless we hit on 6 rounds of the draft.He is strapped with too many bad contracts.I hate to be negative Nancy but we have to draft about 6 starters to get the talent with contracts we can afford . 

i'd love to see this place if we spend our 2nd rounder on a running back

RB has lately become an obvious target but I don't know if that has to be coupled with cutting Williams.This is a deep draft for RB's so that would lead one to think we could get a good one later than in 2nd.

With Cams contract coming up Gman has his work cut out. If we sign Cam this year I do not see how we will not regress unless we hit on 6 rounds of the draft.He is strapped with too many bad contracts.I hate to be negative Nancy but we have to draft about 6 starters to get the talent with contracts we can afford . 

I agree with the first part.  However, this team only had one starter ifrom the 2013 draft--Star, and it was considered a strong draft.  KK played a lot, Kugbila to IR, Klein was key, and Barner was buried on the depth chart.  White was an undrafted free agent who started.  Lester could start in 2014.  Low budget free agents filled a lot of starting spots (Mitchell, Mikell, Blackburn, Wharton). 

I see us drafting a starting WR, OT, and a DB.  After that, I expect key depth.  And if we re-sign Mitchell, Gross, and a few others, that should be fine.   RDE bothers me-it will be interesting to see what we do.

You are right, however, in that we are really in a bad cap sitiatuation and we will have to find depth.  Maybe I give Gettlemen too much credit for the Undrafted free agents, but 3 who contributed on defense-that is awesome.  Building from the bottom up.

We are losing a lot, but mostly role players.  Who are we really in danger of losing?  Hardy.  Mitchell.  That is about it. The rest are replaceable and should be available after free agency.  Hardy walks, Mitchell gets re-signed. 

Here is how I see the roster.  For kicks, you should archive this and show it to me in June for a good laugh:

FS: Mitchell (signs a decent, 3-year deal for about $10 m), Jones

SS:  Mikell (re-signs 1 year deal for vet min), Lester

CB: Munnerlyn (re-signs for decent contract, about like Mitchell's deal), White, Thomas, ROOKIE (3rd rounder or so), FREE AGENT

OLB:  Davis, Blackburn, Klein, ROOKIE

ILB: Kuechly, FREE AGENT (Dan Connor maybe)

DT: Star, Edwards, Short, ROOKIE (I think DT is deep in this draft and I see us grabbing one late)

DE: Johnson, Alexander, Addison, Horton (ROOKIE?)

That is about it for the defense.  Re-sign 2, add a frew low-end free agents, draft a CB and a DT.

OT: Gross (re-signs for about $3.5 million on a 1-year deal), ROOKIE (first or second rounder), Chandler

OG: Silatolu, Kugbila, Bond, Wharton (re-signed for a reasonable 1-year deal as a backup)

C: Kalil, Byers (Byers is a ERFA which means he is cheap and cannot be approached)

TE: Olsen (restructure Olsen and add 2 years to his deal-scheduled to make $7m+), Hartsock (1 year, vet min), Williams, ROOKIE (late round or Undrafted free agent)

WR: Smitty, ROOKIE (first or second rounder), FREE AGENT (maybe Ginn), McNutt, King

RB: Stewart, Tolbert, Barner (ROOKIE, late rounder)

QB: Cam, Anderson ROOKIE (late rounder-Connor Shaw?)

So if you ask me,the draft goes like this:

1. OT/WR

2. WR/OT

3. CB

4. DT

5. OLB

6. RB

7. DE/QB/TE

Archived