• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Your next Drink is on me!"

Hotsauce

So I am traveling in Alabama this week and I find a local bar known for good beer and good pub food (according to Yelp). I always sit at the bar when I eat alone (which is often because of my job). Anyway, just like I the movies, some guy sitting next to me yells, "shots of Patron are on me!!!" He yells it loud enough for the entire restaurant to go batsh1t crazy. There are maybe 30 people staff and patrons in the bar. The bartender lines up a shot in front of every person except for me sitting at the bar.

I am sitting at the bar mind you. The bar tender pours shots, and completely and very obviously ignores me and just me. I am trying to figure out why, lol. One minor detail I left out, I am the only Caucasian in this place...so there's that.

Was it my flannel shirt?

Kill whitey?

It was really bizarre. The bar tender was a white female.

But hey I get it, that's just the way it is sometimes.

Very shortly after that happend, I didn't order anything else, finished my meal quickly, and left. I still tipped her 20%, which judging some of the characters in their, may have been one of the best tips she got all night.

Archived