• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 strength of schedule.

CatMan72

I honestly think both the Falcons and Saints will be below 10-6 and miss the playoffs. We go between 11-5 and 13-3 and win the division and the Bucs go 10-6 and get in as a wildcard. (San Fran struggles and also goes 10-6 but misses because of tiebreakers, Cards get the other wildcard, and Seahawks win that division) 

I don't see that happening to the Saints, they will most likely lock up Graham, and be right in the thick of it.

Don't let the Falcons fool you, they had some close games in 2013, they will make some noise. Bucs, who knows? This is a tough division.

I don't see that happening to the Saints, they will most likely lock up Graham, and be right in the thick of it.

Don't let the Falcons fool you, they had some close games in 2013, they will make some noise. Bucs, who knows? This is a tough division.

Maybe not the Saints, but don't let the Falcons fool YOU. The entire NFL fan base thought the Falcons were so good and elite last season when they went 13-3. That was an absolute fluke. Their o-line is absolutely horrible and they have absolutely no run game. Julio Jones coming back will help them, but they're also losing Gonzalez who was arguably their most important offensive weapon (at least against us he was). And with that horrible defense they have, I don't think they're possibly going to go above 8-8 at very best. I agree, Bucs, who knows? But they have the potential to be very scary, like they should've been this year. Saints will probably continue to be an elite team, but I don't see their defense being as good next year as it was this year. Rob Ryan is notably inconsistent and starts out well and then drops way off. He was really good with the Patriots for 2 seasons then sucked after that (even with elite defensive players), and was up and down his entire career with the Cowboys before getting fired. I know they didn't have elite players, but I just don't think he is an elite defensive mind. If he was, he'd have gotten interviewed for a HC job.  I just wrote what my prediction (and what I hope to happen) was, so don't take it to the heart man.  Before the start of this past season I would've agreed that it's a very tough division, but not any more. The Falcons aren't great on either side of the ball, and the Bucs are a huge ????.  The Saints will be good and competitive, but I think their time is running out. Brees will start going down hill, and we'll take over the division. We'll be the first to win it consecutive years, and we'll continue to win it. Rivera and Gettleman are the best HC/GM combo we've had in franchise history in my opinion, and Cam has the ability to be our best QB if we get him some weapons. I really really like our future. We'll see what happens though. As shown last year, any team can go up or down significantly, so we'll just have to wait and see. I hate waiting...

Maybe not the Saints, but don't let the Falcons fool YOU. The entire NFL fan base thought the Falcons were so good and elite last season when they went 13-3. That was an absolute fluke. Their o-line is absolutely horrible and they have absolutely no run game. Julio Jones coming back will help them, but they're also losing Gonzalez who was arguably their most important offensive weapon (at least against us he was). And with that horrible defense they have, I don't think they're possibly going to go above 8-8 at very best. I agree, Bucs, who knows? But they have the potential to be very scary, like they should've been this year. Saints will probably continue to be an elite team, but I don't see their defense being as good next year as it was this year. Rob Ryan is notably inconsistent and starts out well and then drops way off. He was really good with the Patriots for 2 seasons then sucked after that (even with elite defensive players), and was up and down his entire career with the Cowboys before getting fired. I know they didn't have elite players, but I just don't think he is an elite defensive mind. If he was, he'd have gotten interviewed for a HC job.  I just wrote what my prediction (and what I hope to happen) was, so don't take it to the heart man.  Before the start of this past season I would've agreed that it's a very tough division, but not any more. The Falcons aren't great on either side of the ball, and the Bucs are a huge ????.  The Saints will be good and competitive, but I think their time is running out. Brees will start going down hill, and we'll take over the division. We'll be the first to win it consecutive years, and we'll continue to win it. Rivera and Gettleman are the best HC/GM combo we've had in franchise history in my opinion, and Cam has the ability to be our best QB if we get him some weapons. I really really like our future. We'll see what happens though. As shown last year, any team can go up or down significantly, so we'll just have to wait and see. I hate waiting...

I know we all don't like the Falcons, but no matter how bad anyone thinks they are, they will play us tough.

I know we all don't like the Falcons, but no matter how bad anyone thinks they are, they will play us tough.

Of course they'll play us tough, all division games in the NFL are played tough. Well, except the AFC East, the Patriots have been handed that division pretty much every year for the past 13 years. But that doesn't mean that they'll end up in the playoffs. I don't think they have even close to a good enough team to win our division. They would need to work wonders in the draft and FA on both sides of the ball. I don't see that happening.

Besides the Seahawks and the Saints almost every other team is easier than last year. I agree that the Falcons are on the down slide but I think people are overestimating Lovie Smith and underestimating Shaun Payton. Last years Bucs team was still trying thoughout the year and had a QB that had little game footage to gameplan against.

Strength of schedule is the most useless piece of information produced every off season. You could learn more from Cam telling a baby to be quiet on youtube. Every single season is hard, the biggest factor in SoS is how many times you beat teams in your own division (5 for us).

This

SOS has no correlation with success or failure

Its good to see we don't have the Most Difficult Schedule in NFL for a change.  Would be nice to have a few we have chance to let starters watch a lot!

Whether it be useless or not I see it as a feel good aspect to up coming year.  Come off 1-15 dang got the hardest schedule in NFL not good lol

George Allen said it best "The Future is Now" and it looks bright!!

post-1539-0-61483500-1392156583_thumb.jp

What will really be interesting is if the Goodell Football League decides again that because we are the meager Panthers that every single scheduling disadvantage should be hoisted upon us so as to not to put the "important" teams at a disadvantage as was done last year.

Maybe we won't get the worst possible bye this year. Maybe we'll be at home Week 17 for once. And on and on and on and on.

and indianapolis continues to have the easiest goddamn schedule ever

The whole AFC South for that matter. That's why they keep going into the playoffs with 11 wins yet still underdogs against wild card teams.

It sure must be nice to clinch your division at 8 wins like they did in 2013.

Archived