• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason: Would we have been better off?

Evengelion

That's exactly who mentioned in the OP. He's the starting LT for the lions. Yes, we would have been better off with him and keeping Beason. This is not a player-player comparison. Our situation would be better. Most GMs would have gone that route having just drafted a franchise QB the year prior.

yeah,...no

KEEK ALL DAY

You don't get it. This is not a Keuchly-Beason comparison. Would we have been better off having a staring LT right now and Beason on the roster instead of just Keuchly. 2 starting caliber player(one of them being a 3 time pro bowler and still 28 at that time) or just 1?

You don't get it. This is not a Keuchly-Beason comparison. Would we have been better off having a staring LT right now and Beason on the roster instead of just Keuchly. 2 starting caliber player(one of them being a 3 time pro bowler and still 28 at that time) or just 1?

why did you even bother phrasing this as a question?  i mean it's obvious what you believe.

I know. I would do it the same way over again. thats how good kuechly is

If you actually looked at that draft you would see that we should have taken Cordy Glenn over Amini and been better off all around without reaching for an average tackle in the first.

What about Riley Reif and Beason?

With his injury history, I wouldn't expect that "AND" to mean much next year.. or have even lasted all of 2013..  You are making a dangerous assumption that you even get Beason for any length of time in this ugly hypothetical scenario..

Archived