• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smith Perspective: A Voth-man prophecy

SCP

that's a fair point.  Still, in the end, the right thing is being done, and Getty is still on his learning curve,

Learning curve? WTF. DG ain't in no learning curve. The guy has been in the GM and scouting department for many many years. The guy knows what he is doing. The guy has help to build 6 SB winning teams. Including the Giants. The guy ain't learning. He knows  what he is doing from the start. Just some fans are over reacting and not giving DG time to do his work. FA ain't even started and everyone is thinking the sky is falling. People need to chill and let DG do his job and see how every thing pans out.

Learning curve? WTF. DG ain't in no learning curve. The guy has been in the GM and scouting department for many many years. The guy knows what he is doing. The guy has help to build 6 SB winning teams. Including the Giants. The guy ain't learning. He knows  what he is doing from the start. Just some fans are over reacting and not giving DG time to do his work. FA ain't even started and everyone is thinking the sky is falling. People need to chill and let DG do his job and see how every thing pans out.

He has been the one making the decisions for exactly one year.  The job requires more than building the team.  I was referring to the awkward way he handled the Smitty situation.  He needs to learn how to be more sensitive to the feelings of players and fans.  I think he will.  A first time GM, like a first time anything, is absolutely on a learning curve.

And if it turns out we're just wasting another year and taking pieces away from our franchise QB instead of trying to help him?

I have a hard time believing Gettleman is doing this. He made a PR mistake, that is all.

He has been the one making the decisions for exactly one year.  The job requires more than building the team.  I was referring to the awkward way he handled the Smitty situation.  He needs to learn how to be more sensitive to the feelings of players and fans.  I think he will.  A first time GM, like a first time anything, is absolutely on a learning curve.

Not sure what many of us expected from a Yankee like Gettleman.  He's been brash and rude, but he gets results.  For any other player not named Steve Smith that would be okay.  He just shook up the hornets nest by stringing along the best player in franchise history.  The dude is 63? years old, by then you'd think you'd figure out how to have some tact.

Not sure what many of us expected from a Yankee like Gettleman. He's been brash and rude, but he gets results. For any other player not named Steve Smith that would be okay. He just shook up the hornets nest by stringing along the best player in franchise history. The dude is 63? years old, by then you'd think you'd figure out how to have some tact.

Depends on whether or not you value tact, not everyone does.

Not sure what many of us expected from a Yankee like Gettleman.  He's been brash and rude, but he gets results.  For any other player not named Steve Smith that would be okay.  He just shook up the hornets nest by stringing along the best player in franchise history.  The dude is 63? years old, by then you'd think you'd figure out how to have some tact.

I really resisted the urge to point out that he is a Yankee in a Carolina court.  I'm glad you did, because it really could be the case.

Depends on whether or not you value tact, not everyone does.

Like I said, the way he does business is fine for 99% of the other players.  You don't need tact to cut a 2nd string linebacker.  But Steve Smith deserves better than the way his time in Carolina is ending, and Gettleman is solely to blame.  Whether he values tact or not, you need to know when to tread lightly.  Dangling the best player in franchise history as trade bait...especially one that has a history of punching people in the mouth...goes beyond lacking tact.  It's just plain stupid.

I've had a couple conversations with Voth over the last few weeks and EVERY TIME he has been right on the money about this stuff. He is actually pretty cool because we have gone back and forth for 30 minutes at a time, and in that time he broke down exactly what was going to happen... and he did it two weeks ago.

Last statement I said to him (last night actually) was it would be naive to think that Getts had not been in contact with a FA or two over the last 3 days. Obviously he has a plan or this move wouldn't have been done. To which he basically replyed my logic had no place on Twitter or in other words. "BINGO"

Archived