• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DG WONT overspend

AKPantherFan

As much as you guys and girls are pissed the dude is looking way ahead.

I agree he is making many mistakes along the way, but who doesn't fug up in their new job???

The biggest problem I have with him now is the message he is sending.

On one hand it says produce or else, and yet on the other hand it screams no matter what it won't matter.

At this point it's no secret we will build through the draft, but with ot, wr, cb, and other spots to fill DG HAS HIS WORK CUT OUT for him.

Crazy offseason.

DG won't overspend, but he'll slap the franchise tag on a DE and leave us with no money to spend wisely.  I really thought we'd get a long-term deal worked out with Hardy before FA started.  If we end up blowing up our roster to rent him for one more year, I'll lose all faith in DG.

DG won't overspend, but he'll slap the franchise tag on a DE and leave us with no money to spend wisely. I really thought we'd get a long-term deal worked out with Hardy before FA started. If we end up blowing up our roster to rent him for one more year, I'll lose all faith in DG.

This is a serious issue IMO.

Hardy can't be a 1 year rental. DG's move to franchise him has cost us some players. If Hardy isn't signed to a long-term deal then this is a major failure in decision making by Gettelman.

There is a difference between overspending and paying a player a fair contract. Idk if the reports are true but supposedly he offered Nicks 4.5 per year and Nicks signed for 3.5. If that's true then that tells men Nicks wanted more out of a multiyear deal and Gettleman wouldn't pay it. I don't blame him for that but why not offer him just a one year like Indy did?

If all that is true and like I said I don't know if it is, I believe Gettleman knows that Nicks would outplay his one year deal and then command more. So basically Gettleman was trying to lock him up long term for less then he knew he would be worth.

You can't pull one over on everybody, I'm interested in seeing what his plan is because right now I don't see one.

There is a difference between overspending and paying a player a fair contract. Idk if the reports are true but supposedly he offered Nicks 4.5 per year and Nicks signed for 3.5. If that's true then that tells men Nicks wanted more out of a multiyear deal and Gettleman wouldn't pay it. I don't blame him for that but why not offer him just a one year like Indy did?

If all that is true and like I said I don't know if it is, I believe Gettleman knows that Nicks would outplay his one year deal and then command more. So basically Gettleman was trying to lock him up long term for less then he knew he would be worth.

You can't pull one over on everybody, I'm interested in seeing what his plan is because right now I don't see one.

It might also mean players don't like playing for Getts .. I still can't wrap my arms around the Smith thing

I think the truth about Smitty will come out soon and gettlemen's actions will be more understood.

Read your posts in the Shula thread, and they made for great reading and thinking!

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived